A good counter-argument that makes anti-gunners look prejudice

This is a discussion on A good counter-argument that makes anti-gunners look prejudice within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Racist, it's the worst thing that one can be called nowadays with many refereances to the civil rights movement of 1964 to re-enforce certain political ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: A good counter-argument that makes anti-gunners look prejudice

Racist, it's the worst thing that one can be called nowadays with many refereances to the civil rights movement of 1964 to re-enforce certain political ventures. One of the many reasons that anti gun laws are passed are emotional knee jerk reactions to mass shootings, and trying to guns/gun owners as crazy, religious zealots who support mass shootings and dead children. There are two ways to make a gun grabber eat their words and make them look not only stupid, but as a prejudiced, narrow minded individual. First, I like to compare all gun control acts from the NFA to the Hughes Amendment as Jim Crow laws that the South used to prevent freed blacks from voting. The hughes amendment bans the ownership of all full autos made after 1986. Naturally over time the prices of full autos will skyrocket, allowing only the rich and wealthy to own them, thus effectively banning them over a period time. They successfully banned voting by giving literacy tests to freed slaves in South thus effectively banning them from voting because slaves were prohibited from learning to read. This usually makes the "progressive" gun grabber get irate because they fancy themselves as tolerant, accepting individuals who are open-minded, but have just been made to look as prejudiced and intolerant.

The second way that I use is to compare gun control to abortion, which is heavily supported by the left. I raise the point that while many may believe that abortion is murder and a person is killing an unborn child, it is still legal in this country, because America is a live and let live country, just as we have a right to own a gun. It's funny to see how angry anti-gunners get when using emotional guilt to prove a point. Hope this helps.

I just say, "It's because most guns are black, isn't it?", then I say, "I'll have nothing to do with your racist POV, good day sir". Then, when they try and respond, I keep interrupting them with the "good day sir" part. After that, they shut their pie holes.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    I typically just say, "You are free to not like firearms and not own them, and I protect your right to do so. I am free to own them, and I will protect my right to do that also".
    ZOMBIEvs42 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I have found that a logical or linear argument with a liberal that rebuts their position falls on deaf ears and a closed mind. The degree of their tolerance is dictated by what they believe is right, correct, acceptable, moral or ethical. One tiny step beyond their often bizarre, obtuse principles and you will be immediately and mercilessly castagated as racist, a bigot, a right winger, a nazi, a hater or some other vile accusation.

The rationalization of their position is based strictly on an emotional reaction. Nothing else matters to them, no matter how well articulated it may be.

My advice is to just laugh in their face, turn on your heels and walk away. In other words don't waste your time and breath.

But be prepared for a barrage of name calling heaped upon you as you depart.
    tcox4freedom and 84160 like this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    I have found that a logical or linear argument with a LIBTARD that rebuts their position falls on deaf ears and a closed mind. The degree of their tolerance is dictated by what they believe is right, correct, acceptable, moral or ethical. One tiny step beyond their often bizarre, obtuse principles and you will be immediately and mercilessly castagated as racist, a bigot, a right winger, a nazi, a hater or some other vile accusation.

The rationalization of their position is based strictly on an emotional reaction. Nothing else matters to them, no matter how well articulated it may be.

My advice is to just laugh in their face, turn on your heels and walk away. In other words don't waste your time and breath.

But be prepared for a barrage of name calling heaped upon you as you depart.
    There. I fixed it for you.

Seriously, though. I try to avoid the conversation. There is not end to the argument and I'm man enough to admit that i dont play well with people who question my 2nd rights.

VIP Member
    I have been known to counter with “So in your opinion if you were to own a gun you are afraid you may not control your emotions and may use it and since you have no control you assume no one else does.”
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    Racist? That term doesn't mean much to me after the Zimmerman trial.
    noway2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    I just say, "It's because most guns are black, isn't it?", then I say, "I'll have nothing to do with your racist POV, good day sir". Then, when they try and respond, I keep interrupting them with the "good day sir" part. After that, they shut their pie holes.
    That is priceless
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

It's the statistical arguments that have the most traction. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but if you can get an idea into someone's head, then (if the idea is reasonable) it'll start to wiggle into their consciousness and affect their opinion. It's really true. Nearly everything else is an appeal to emotion.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Never forget, that the facts are on the pro-gun side of the argument. Know them, and the emotionally biased brain-dead opinions of the anti's agenda will crumble.

Appealing to the masses is a different story. Fortunately, the liberal anti-gun handbook can be found here: There really IS a 'gun control playbook'

Prepare to argue with that logic.
    oakchas likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I take the direct approach, which generally starts with..."There's is nothing wrong with guns, I've been around them all my life".
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Never forget, that the facts are on the pro-gun side of the argument. Know them, and the emotionally biased brain-dead opinions of the anti's agenda will crumble.

Appealing to the masses is a different story.
    Yeah, if the facts are on your side, then slow-n-steady wins the race with any specific person. I'd have to say that there're lots of issues where facts ended up changing my mind, and I appreciate all the people who were patient in their presentation of them.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

VIP Member
    I'll pass on the race card. Much better to argue with facts than ad hominems and fatuity.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'll pass on the race card. Much better to argue with facts than ad hominems and fatuity.
    Yah. I refuse to lower myself to their level of emotional reasons and arguments. If one can't reason with me on a rational level, then I'm not going to waste my time on them.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscw81 View Post
    There. I fixed it for you.

Seriously, though. I try to avoid the conversation. There is no end to the argument and I'm man enough to admit that I don't play well with people who question my 2nd rights.
    I've read in several places here and elsewhere there are many people within our movement who are articulate and well grounded with the facts at hand. Now I've had my moments in the sun but TBT they're really quite few and far between. It is because of that along with my own fears when confronted with anti gunners it is far better that I not have anything to do with the anti's as I end up just wanting to rip their faces off and .......... You can draw your own conclusions as to the end of that statement.

I like how Msgt/Ret handles those people. I wish I had his skills dealing with people. But I don't and that's just the way it is.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links