There's at least one good California politician left!

This is a discussion on There's at least one good California politician left! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Amen. http://player.vimeo.com/video/72010412...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By DJC7
  • 1 Post By Ksgunner
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: There's at least one good California politician left!

Tzadik likes this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I LIKE him !!!!!!
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

There's a home for Tim Donnelly in Colorado.

Way to go Tim!!!!
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

Now, he gets it.

Of course, the anti-gunner "progressive" idjets on that floor were almost certainly all rolling their eyes similar to how Chuckie Schumer was doing so during Suzanna G-H's lecture to congress, back when. I doubt that any one of them heard a darned thing this guy was saying. All they heard was that someone was proposing to stop their predations upon the people ... and they'll have none of that, even if it kills us.

Why it's a tough concept to understand is beyond me. How the courts have allowed one iota of such changes is beyond me. How ANYTHING of the sort has passed constitutional muster is beyond me. With a few thousand such people like him in key roles in the legislatures and courts, we could reverse the two centuries of hateful, liberty-sucking alterations that have occurred to our Constitution's protections of the right to bear arms that we all hold, once held.
    DJC7 and sdprof like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Isn't it amazing that someone who gets up and expresses what should be a common sense approach to protecting one's self and/or one's family with a weapon is villified as a right wing, gun crazy radical by the anti-gun left.

It just illustrates how ridiculous and partisan this whole "gun" debate has become.

My point is that what the gentleman is saying is absolutely correct and what used to be referred to a "walking around common sense".

He shouldn't even have to be saying it or, more accurately, defending it.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    There's a home for Tim Donnelly in Colorado.
    Hey now, if he goes, I go.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    He represents Riverside County, a large area north East of LA mostly desert, with a small poulation. One of the many good parts of the state. mY rep is on the same tack, but small town CA has no chance against the big 3 cities.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    He represents Riverside County, a large area north East of LA mostly desert, with a small population. One of the many good parts of the state. my rep is on the same tack, but small town CA has no chance against the big 3 cities.
    Only 2.5M (~20%) of the population of the top twenty cities (total of 11.7M) lives in counties that at least "Will issue for reasonable good cause - known to issue to 'average persons'" or "Will issue for personal protection". So the political reality is a problem.
    Assemblymember Donnely said, "Who are we to tell an individual that his gun is the wrong type of gun to defend his life whether if be from a killer... [or] somebody who wants to break into your home in the middle of the night to kidnap your child.... We are trying to deprive them of a key Constitutional civil right of self defense. I urge a 'No' vote."
    The right is enshrined in the US Constitution. Am I optimistic to believe that a court case or judicial decision will restore the right to bear arms in CA? I believe that there are plenty of judges who would find a good day's work in chastising overreaching politicians like the ones that Assemblymember Donnelly addresses. That is my hope for my home state of California.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Only 2.5M (~20%) of the population of the top twenty cities (total of 11.7M) lives in counties that at least "Will issue for reasonable good cause - known to issue to 'average persons'" or "Will issue for personal protection". So the political reality is a problem.
    Gun Owners Of America (GOA) is pushing a case in the U.S. Supreme Court, right now, that is seeking to effectively erase the "good cause" requirement (based on Massachusetts' situation). Might well have powerful ramifications across the country, if won. Got this email recently, from GOA:

GOA Backing Case Before the Supreme Court

Victory would put additional “teeth” in the Heller case

This week, GOA and its foundation filed an amicus brief in the United States Supreme Court in support of striking down Maryland’s ban on the carrying of handguns by ordinary citizens unless they first demonstrate a “good and substantial reason” to law enforcement.

You can help support this legal challenge by clicking here.

While the federal district court in Maryland had decided the case in Raymond Woollard’s favor, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit reversed that decision, using a “balancing test” to come to conclude that Maryland may override the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms in the name of public safety.

Both lower courts used a judicially-created balancing test, coming to opposite conclusions, thus demonstrating the illegitimacy of subjective, judge-made tests.

GOA’s position is simple: the Founding Fathers determined that Americans have the right to bear arms both inside the home and out, regardless of how “compelling” the state’s desire to infringe their right.

As the Supreme Court ruled in the Heller case, the Second Amendment means what it says -- the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Our brief in Woollard v. Gallagher reminds the Court of the absolute nature of the right, leaving no room for federal judges to “balance” away the guarantee, no matter how strict or loose the test may be.

Your contribution to Gun Owners Foundation tremendously helps us to support good causes like this Woollard case that is now before the U.S. Supreme Court.

This case was not a previously budgeted item for GOF, so any support that you can lend will tremendously help.

Gun Owners Foundation exists to protect gun owners around the country from overzealous prosecutors and to use the ensuing legal challenges as opportunities to strike down anti-gun restrictions.

Thank you for your help.

Please do not reply directly to this message, as your reply will bounce back as undeliverable.
    Please forward this e-mail to friends and family

Gun Owners of America
    8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102
    Springfield, VA 22151 703-321-8585
    Gun Owners of America
    Contact Form
    Pistology likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Good for him.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

I wish we had a guy like him representing Washington state in DC.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Sponsored Links