UN Gun confiscation - fact or fiction?

This is a discussion on UN Gun confiscation - fact or fiction? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA-ILA | Rumor Control: U.N. "Disarmament" Memo Whether or not the info contained in this article can be believed, the last paragraph is something we ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: UN Gun confiscation - fact or fiction?

  1. #1
    Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    451

    UN Gun confiscation - fact or fiction?

    NRA-ILA | Rumor Control: U.N. "Disarmament" Memo

    Whether or not the info contained in this article can be believed, the last paragraph is something we should all heed when considering forwarding stuff found on the web. I remember when there were a lot of junk mail being forwarded about viruses and other stuff that wasn't true but few people fact checked the info before clicking on the forward button.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    1,367
    Anybody starts to confiscate weapons on my street they will be caught in a serious crossfire!!!
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

  4. #3
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,817
    There is no fiction to it.
    Look up UNODA, United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs.

    Plenty of info on it for that refuse to believe it can happen here.

    Its coming. Its not a matter of "if, but "when". The present administration has totally sold out to this.
    Patti, Ghost1958, Daishin and 2 others like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Array farsidefan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,055
    There is an internet site for checking out whether a story is legit or not. Not all inclusive but excellent nonetheless. Snopes.com I used it to verify (or not) a story about Lee Marvin's "supposed interview" on Johnny Carson's show was accurate as reported on an internet story. It was a very detailed story of Lee Marvin serving in the Pacific. Gave details of his being carried off the beach on a stretcher and how the bravest man he ever saw in the war was the guy who at the time was playing Captn Kangaroo.
    Unfortunately Snopes completely debunked the entire story. They never served together, Marvin had never been to that island etc.
    Another one I checked out was about Mr. Rogers neighborhood. a story was out that the reason he wore long sleeves was to hide his special services tatoos and that during the war (Vietnam) he had more hand to hand kills than anyone else, ever. Ok, I had to call bs and check it out. Thank you snopes.

    Pretty useful in these days of internet facts from ???
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

  6. #5
    Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SE Texas
    Posts
    614
    No Gov. will be able to completly disarm American Citizens. Not without another civil war going to start. Just my thoughts for the NSA's concideration.

  7. #6
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,817
    Not too long ago there was an article that completely debunked "snopes" as being a credible source.

    So pretty much anything that is on the internet is subject to being true or false. Thanks to the reporting techniques of our news media, there is absolutely no integrity in reporting anything.

    Like I said, look up UNODA. It came about in 1998 as another branch of the UN that's only purpose is to save the world from all of those terrible guns out there. There is more info on it than you want to know.
    Ghost1958, Bacon, TN_Mike and 2 others like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  8. #7
    VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    There is no fiction to it.
    Look up UNODA, United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs.

    Plenty of info on it for that refuse to believe it can happen here.

    Its coming. Its not a matter of "if, but "when". The present administration has totally sold out to this.
    Yes, there is such an office, but there is no evidence this document exists.

    The Office mission is as stated;
    Nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation
    Strengthening of the disarmament regimes in respect to other weapons of mass destruction, and chemical and biological weapons
    Disarmament efforts in the area of conventional weapons, especially landmines and small arms, which are the weapons of choice in contemporary conflicts.

    It has nothing to do with taking firearms from civilians.
    David Armstrong likes this.

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array Ksgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,785
    Not mine, Not ever...
    Huskybiker likes this.

  10. #9
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,817
    It has nothing to do with taking firearms from civilians.


    You haven't checking into this very deeply if you still think that.
    Have you read the article about the "problem of the United States owning over 500 Million private weapons?
    If you did, you wouldn't even entertain the thought that they didn't want your civilian guns, because that is exactly what they are after.

    Of you can choose to be like the countless Americans that wont believe it can happen here, right up until an armored vehicle drives up to your house unloads an armed contingent and they takes your guns...all while holding one to the back of your head.
    TN_Mike, mg27, hotShot and 4 others like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post


    You haven't checking into this very deeply if you still think that.
    Have you read the article about the "problem of the United States owning over 500 Million private weapons?
    If you did, you wouldn't even entertain the thought that they didn't want your civilian guns, because that is exactly what they are after.

    Of you can choose to be like the countless Americans that wont believe it can happen here, right up until an armored vehicle drives up to your house unloads an armed contingent and they takes your guns...all while holding one to the back of your head.
    Yes I read the article, do you? There is ZERO evidence that the document is real. Also the document doesn't make any sense. The UN does a lot of things I disagree with but they are not stupid, there is no way they would create a document that would talk about taking firearms from US civilians, while they are trying to get the Small Arms Treaty passed.

  12. #11
    VIP Member Array tdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,545
    They can't put anything fake on the internet.
    CIBMike and BamaT like this.

  13. #12
    VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    They can't put anything fake on the internet.
    "And where did you hear that?" "The internet"?
    WannabeaCPA and CIBMike like this.

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array tdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    "And where did you hear that?" "The internet"?
    Exactly!!
    WannabeaCPA and CIBMike like this.

  15. #14
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,817
    I read just about every article on small weapons that they put out and have been doing so for years. Even if this particular article in question is not real, there is more than enough real evidence for me to understand that they pay lots of people to work around the clock to figure out a way to get your guns.

    We are fortunate to have a Constitution, a governing document that recognizes the right to bear arms. That is the only reason that we are still able to do so. Our present administration from the top down, and it goes deep, worships the UN and the power of Globalism that they represent. There is only one real purpose of the Untied Nations, and that is to become a global government.

    It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that to control the people they need to get rid of the guns first.

    And they aren't stupid. They aren't going to come out and say, "we are taking your guns so that you wont resist us". They will do their best to make you believe that its in our best interests so that we can all live safely and in peace. So that we don't have to live in fear. So that our children can grow old. So that we can live with dignity and implement "common sense" procedures.

    Sound familiar?

    And lets do a "what if". Common procedure is that when a sensitive restricted document get leaked, you deny its existence. Every government since the beginning of time has used it at one time or another to cover their tracks. What if it was real? Would it make you feel any safer?

    FWIW, the article in question was posted on the UNODA Website for a few days, now it is nowhere to be found. That alone makes it suspect.
    TN_Mike, mg27, hotShot and 5 others like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  16. #15
    VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    We are fortunate to have a Constitution, a governing document that recognizes the right to bear arms. That is the only reason that we are still able to do so. Our present administration from the top down, and it goes deep, worships the UN and the power of Globalism that they represent. There is only one real purpose of the Untied Nations, and that is to become a global government.
    Sorry but this just doesn't make sense. From everything I have seen about modern politics in the United States is the only thing a politician worships is their own power. That goes for both sides of the political spectrum. It makes no sense that they would want to give up that power to another agency.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

12-53542 (e) 091012
,
a/cn.11/l.72
,
civilian weapons confiscation study group
,

snopes unoda

,

snopes unoda letter

,
un civilian weapons confiscation study group
,

unoda a/cn.11/l.72

,

unoda civilian weapons confiscation study group

,
unoda confiscation
,

unoda letter

,
unoda memo
,

unoda snopes

Click on a term to search for related topics.