This is a discussion on They Keep Holding Up TM within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://news.yahoo.com/psa-reenacts-t...195410511.html...
"Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"
Tom Waits, God's Away on Business
They do know that the defendant in that case didn't even invoke a SYG defense, right?
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
Nice looking video. We just need to add a few more lens flares, some more dramatic music, oh and "for a limited time only you can buy two for the price of one while supplies last". No joke, this is how my brains reacts to this control your mind psychological marketing...instant teleport to a dollar store where everything is $0.98
'Clinging to my guns and religion
Yeah, I posted about this in: SYG Attacks: Official and ONLY Thread: Attacking Stand Your Ground Laws
Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013."You are elected to service, not power.
Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
I honestly don't have a problem with wanting to stop unnecessary, illegal, violent gun deaths. I can certainly get behind a movement to stop gun violence.
1. Be honest, truthful and accurate in your statements;
2. Tell the whole truth, including a complete range of statistics not just the ones that tell your story;
3. Do not use situations and outcomes to create incorrect and false and/or misleading opinions. This means act responsibly with the freedom you have to voice your opinion and do not dishonor the families and true victims of a violent crime by twisting the facts of the crime, the results - i.e. the investigation, any trial that comes of that investigation, and any potential outcome from the trial -- of the crime, and the outcome of the results of the crime;
4. Call a crime a crime, and do not call a situation that is not a crime a crime;
5. If you want only to say your piece and not engage in debate on the issue, then don't expect me simply accept your opinion and blindly follow. The only opportunity to respond to this group is via twitter or facebook, both of which can be manipulated and censored. If you don't want to hear what I have to say on this then I don't want to hear what you have to say on this.
I'd like them to support their statistics, here's a few examples:
- 1% of licensed dealers are responsible for 57% of all gun crimes nationwide. First, how do you know? Second, that stat seems to support our basic premise, which is that the legal owners are not the ones doing anything wrong. Third, if that's true, the shut down those 1% -- that's a small number, round them up and shut them down.
- 90% of all Americans want universal background checks. I want a full-blown totally objective poll to support any numbers on who supports what, whether it's UBC, gun control, private sales, or anything else.
I'm sure there are more to pick on, I just don't feel like "supporting" them by continuing to read their site.
I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
1 Thess. 5:16-18
"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper
"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"