Is The UN After Our Guns?

This is a discussion on Is The UN After Our Guns? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You can read it for yourself and make up your own mind. UN Office for Disarmament Affairs ? Strengthening peace and security through disarmament Take ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Boomer928
  • 1 Post By IndianaSig
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By WannabeaCPA
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: Is The UN After Our Guns?

Is The UN After Our Guns?

You can read it for yourself and make up your own mind.

UN Office for Disarmament Affairs ? Strengthening peace and security through disarmament

Take a look at their top 100 people. It should clear up a lot. The usual anti-gun characters are involved; Soros, Bloomberg, Clooney, Giffords, etc.

The 100 most influential people in the world of armed violence - AOAV

I wonder how this organization feels about the CIA moving small arms such as ground to air rocket launchers during the Benghazi murders.

UNODA - Small Arms and Light Weapons

I for one do not trust the UN at all. I know the NRA issued a statement saying otherwise but I remain skeptical. It's impossible to disarm the bad guys and to disarm the good guys will just make us all victims.

One of their stated goals is document all weapons. Once that happens, whether it's here or Zimbabwe, it's just half a step away from confiscation.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

2. Remove Ads

Great, another UN thread. I was hoping for that today.
    oakchas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    Great, another UN thread. I was hoping for that today.
    You must be the fastest speed reader on the planet. In just 4 minutes you were able to read everything on that entire site and come up with this opinion. Impressive.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Blue helmets stand out well against most backgrounds.
    oakchas and StormRhydr like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    It's an agenda to disarm everyone. Without an armed people you rule the world. They can't fight back. We are becoming a police state. This is the same agenda that wants a one world gov.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaCPA View Post
    It's an agenda to disarm everyone. Without an armed people you rule the world. They can't fight back. We are becoming a police state. This is the same agenda that wants a one world gov.
    And since you wannabeaCPA, you wanna count all the money for the fat cats, right..? Shawshank Redemption, and all...

And if you think for a minute that there isn't already, effectively, a one world government... I've got some koolaid you might want to try..
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Guess people don't realize that the UN doesn't trump our constitution huh? The Supreme Court has ruled over and over that even treaties that we agree and vote to ratify don't trump the Constitution. So because we have a 2nd Amendment, there is really nothing the UN can really do. Also because it requires a 2/3rd majority vote to ratify a treaty it is just not going to happen. You can barely get 51% of the Congressman to agree on something.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Guess people don't realize that the UN doesn't trump our constitution huh? The Supreme Court has ruled over and over that even treaties that we agree and vote to ratify don't trump the Constitution. So because we have a 2nd Amendment, there is really nothing the UN can really do. Also because it requires a 2/3rd majority vote to ratify a treaty it is just not going to happen. You can barely get 51% of the Congressman to agree on something.

If you can get a bunch of legislators in Colorado to bow to the money and disarm its citizenry, what on earth makes you think that you can't get the US congress to do the same?
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links