Alaska Just Nullified Unconstitutional Gun Control Laws

This is a discussion on Alaska Just Nullified Unconstitutional Gun Control Laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Alaska Just Nullified Unconstitutional Gun Control Laws If only more states would do this....

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Alaska Just Nullified Unconstitutional Gun Control Laws

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

If only more states would do this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Good for them.I agree,more should try it.

VIP Member
    While the following was linked in the story posted in the OP, it makes for an informative read in and of itself:
    Bill to Nullify Federal Gun Control Signed into Law in Alaska | Tenth Amendment Center Blog
    Poorly likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Does this mean silencers and machine guns without the extortion tax stamp and Form 4? No more 4473's or NCIC checks? No waiting periods? I didn't see any specifics.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Now if it wasn't so danged cold up there...
    MasterGadgets, Pro and Bassindude like this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    It's not cold all the time, but when it's cold, IT'S COLD!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    Does this mean silencers and machine guns without the extortion tax stamp and Form 4? No more 4473's or NCIC checks? No waiting periods? I didn't see any specifics.

^^I would think so^^^^^^

according to this from the article.

From article;

“Prohibiting state and municipal agencies from using assets to implement or aid in the implementation of the requirements of certain federal statutes, regulations, rules, and orders that are applied to infringe on a person’s right to bear arms or right to due process or that implement or aid in the implementation of the federal REAL ID Act of 2005; exempting certain firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition in this state from federal regulation; declaring certain federal statutes, regulations, rules, and orders unconstitutional under the Constitution of the United States and unenforceable in this state; requiring the attorney general to file any legal action to prevent implementation of a federal statute, regulation, rule, or order that violates the rights of a resident of the state; and providing for an effective date.”
    END

Hmmm,,
    Alaska ehh?

Well they got really good hunting anyway.
    Maybe I'll retire and the wife, IF she wants to go with me can get a job in one of the hospitals. Somebody in the family has to earn a living, huh?
    mprp likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    It's only danged cold part of the year, the rest of the time it's just plain cold.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Exactly what I was going to say. If there is a single law prohibiting or even regulating firearms, they did not nullify unconstitional gun control laws. One single infringement of any right, and we are ALL an unfree people. Freedom is not a spectrum, it is an absolute.

VIP Member
    Only if you wish to risk a trip to a Federal Prison.
    DoctorBob likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Stupid and meaningless.
    DoctorBob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Only if you wish to risk a trip to a Federal Prison.
    There are a lot of threats made about Federal imprisonment. The documents that regulate this country, I believe start with "We the People"
    I think our employees (remember they work for you) of the federal government need to go back to government 101.

Nothing starts with - we get to put you in prison.
    Ghost1958 and Poorly like this.

I believe Wyoming did this as well with the Firearms Freedom Act. Good on the states to give the finger to the Federal government. This is why we are 50 states and not 1 country, because the Framers DID NOT want a large centralized government making royal decrees across the land. The next step is to get the free states independent of Federal Money, so that way the Feds have no leverage over the state government, which is a common tool they used to get what they want out of states. California is hopeless due to the fact that they are already 16 billion in the hole and require federal subsidies. Plus there is a mass exodus of California of businesses to other states, which is making them losing their tax base. Way to go Alaska, we'll just have to wait and see how they enforce this.
    -Linny
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    NECCdude, Ghost1958 and Poorly like this.
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    S.C. has something kinda like this,that has been in the Senate Judiciary Committee,since 01/13.I don't know if it will ever pass,but at least they are showing what they think of Mr Obummer,and all of his merry followers,who wants our guns.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's only danged cold part of the year, the rest of the time it's just plain cold.
    Not quite. Some parts of alaska can get quite warm in the summer. 70s to 80s.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links