ATF Proposing Changes To NFA Gun Trusts

This is a discussion on ATF Proposing Changes To NFA Gun Trusts within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looks like the administration is trying to go after NFA gun trusts: The Obama administration is working to close a loophole in the nationís gun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: ATF Proposing Changes To NFA Gun Trusts

ATF Proposing Changes To NFA Gun Trusts

Looks like the administration is trying to go after NFA gun trusts:

The Obama administration is working to close a loophole in the nationís gun laws that allows for some machine guns and sawed-off shotguns to be sold without the buyer submitting fingerprints or photographs.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is working on a new regulation that would require more background information when the weapons are sold to someone through a corporation or legal trust.
    White House eyes 'gun trust' loophole - The Hill's RegWatch
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Looks like it's time to call the lawyer and get the trust done.

Again, going after the law abiding instead of the criminals.
    CIBMike likes this.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Going against the gun owner... Period.

Corporations are people, can buy any election they can afford, yet a family protecting it's assets; in this case, firearms, is at risk of losing that right... Probably, as a means of increasing revenue, even if at a paltry $200 a crack.

Shame on our gubmint.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

This stinks. I just sent in a Form 1 early this week and a Form 4 in June using a trust. Waiting on my surefire can to get transferred to my dealer so that I can send the paperwork in for that.

Distinguished Member
    All the government has to do is change the wording on anything to make it illegal. At anytime ?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    All the government has to do is change the wording on anything to make it illegal. At anytime ?
    That or an executive order. We really need to send some mean dudes and put them in office so this cwap will stop ~ it has to stop.
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Newly released ATF document shows they intend to require CLEO documents (fingerprints, photos and a local law enforcement signature for ALL 'responsible parties' of a gun trust.

Image is from page 14 of this document: https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi...r-firearms.pdf
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

It was my understanding that this was designed to prevent criminals & crazies from circumventing the background check. Of course, hassling law abiding citizens was just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    It was my understanding that this was designed to prevent criminals & crazies from circumventing the background check. Of course, hassling law abiding citizens was just icing on the cake.
    How many criminals are using willing to create a NFA Trusts to purchase a firearm for use in a crime? Seems like a lot of effort to get something that's much easier to buy illegally (and most likely cheaper).
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Yes I would like to see statistics on how many NFA items are actually used in crimes by the legal owner that registered them. Not only that but on a form 4 transfer the buyer still has to fill out a 4473 when they go to pick up the item after receiving the stamp.
    CIBMike likes this.

Administrator
    Overwhelm the system.

Create more hassle and paperwork.

Delay the process.

Tax, Fine, Legislate and Mandate and Penalize whenever and wherever possible.

Create more laws so that there are more laws for law abiding citizens to unintentionally break.

Force pro-gun organizations into the court system to fight endless battles.

Do everything they can to get under the skin of the pro-gun people that they despise.

Placate the anti-gun people by helping to make them believe that they are doing something that in reality accomplishes nothing.

Complicate and make everything they don't like more of a Pain In The Ass so that less people will bother.

It's all in their playbook and it's never going to stop until they think they will make us cry "Uncle!"

But, we never will.

They just continue to strengthen our resolve.

They are the most skewed, disturbed, pathetic, and wimped-out sort of Americans going up against the very best of Americans and so in the end they will lose and set themselves back another 30 or 40 years.

They just don't know it yet.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

So even though their are no fingerprints with a trust ,there still is a government form that has to be filled out that would name the parties invoved with the weapons.How would closing this supposed "loop hole" be productive?
    The easy way is always mined.

Senior Moderator
    There is no "loop hole" and never has been.

The system has worked since 1934 when it was put in place.

Seriously, does any one here really think that this will do anything other than delay, harass ,impinge upon or just make the whole process more difficult?

One thing that the trust did do is allow you to own a Class3 item in spite of what your local anti-gun, mob connected police chief or Sheriff happened to think. In many cities, ownership of such is virtually impossible due to the requirement of the CLEO signoff.
    Going the "Trust" route was the only way to get around that. Now its gone.

What this executive order did was strengthen those anti-gunners and make it virtually impossible for a law abiding citizen to enjoy Class 3 items if their CLEO didn't happen to like it.

The muslim progressive in chief being anti-gun. Again.

Why am I not surprised?
    zacii and CIBMike like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Indiana is still selling class 3 stuff ......I don't think any of this has been enacted.
    The easy way is always mined.

VIP Member
    Does anyone know what the latest, most definitive answer on what the latest requirements on the Trust changes are?
    Is this a done deal yet?
    I remember reading some sort of 90 day feedback period in affect right now?
    If so, is this an Executive Order that will expire with Obama's presidency?
    What about people (like me) that has an item being held by a Class III dealer and has my paperwork in the process?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links