Rest in Peace brother, Semper Fi

This is a discussion on Rest in Peace brother, Semper Fi within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Fully Armed Swat team shoots at ex-marine 71 Times in Marijuana raid - No Marijuana found - American Live Wire Let me say first off ...

Thread: Rest in Peace brother, Semper Fi

Fully Armed Swat team shoots at ex-marine 71 Times in Marijuana raid - No Marijuana found - American Live WireLet me say first off that I was an infantry Marine (03) with two deployments to Afghan. I know escalation of force (EOF) procedures, and how to handle hostile act/hostile intent. First there is a Shout Show Shove Shoot. That wasn't a "raid" that was murder. 71 shots fired on one individual? Don't they teach these guys threat assessment? Really what this looks like is that everyone wanted to "get some", which is what we called ribbon chasing and usually ends up with someone getting hurt. Some may argue he shouldn't have showed up with an AR-15, my retort is that old habits die hard. Once you carry a rifle every day you feel naked without it, and for the fact that they shot him 22 times goes to show their inexperience and failed to use escalation of force, and I would guess that he didn't break the 45 degree plane. I hope that Marine's wife buries the members of that SWAT team. I do not hate cops. My grandfather was an Oakland cop, this makes LEO's look bad, they need to burn. Rest in peace brother.
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

VIP Member
    First off not defending what they did or did not do based on the video.

Shout, Shove, Show, Shoot is not applied in the civilian sector. The SWAT team does not normally do the investigative phase the Narcotics Officers or Detectives do. SWAT serves the warrant period. Once the warrant is signed by the Judge he assumes all liability and Judges are immune from civil and criminal liability.

Once they announce themselves coming to the door with a rifle is not recommended. Your statement of "Breaking the Plane" I am guessing that you mean pointing the weapon at the officers. Once a command is given to drop the weapon, and they don't, may or may not indicate the subject is a threat.

By the way I am a Former Marine, my father is a retired Master Gunnery Sergeant and my son is a former Marine. I feel for his family and the entire situation however I cannot base anything on what was said in the video. It is a bad situation all the way around.

This is from 2011 trying to find out a result of the lawsuit filed, I think it was dismissed. Not sure though.

Here is a link to the latest article I found. Seems he was not quite as innocent as claimed.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crim...2969902b8.html
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Being a former member of the military does not come with a halo. We take responsibility for our own actions like everyone else.

Reefer madness...
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    Being a former member of the military does not come with a halo. We take responsibility for our own actions like everyone else.
    Agreed.. it definitely does not. 71 rounds fired, 22 impacts is hard to explain. I can understand 3-5. 22?
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

Distinguished Member
    All over reefer?
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

This has been adequately wrung out in the past here.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Sponsored Links