Unfit Persons Firearms Act 2013

This is a discussion on Unfit Persons Firearms Act 2013 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NWFA has more than their share of tin-foilers, but this dude is not part of that crowd and should be taken seriously. I just got ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Unfit Persons Firearms Act 2013

NWFA has more than their share of tin-foilers, but this dude is not part of that crowd and should be taken seriously.

I just got this proposed legislation from a credible source. To the best of my knowledge it is not been broken anywhere on the internet so you are reading it here at NWFA first. I can't say exactly how I got it but I can prove that I took it straight from Harvard University's website and that it is not available publicly.

Please spread this far and wide to other gunsites.

Unfit Persons Firearms Act of 2013

1 Unfit persons shall be defined as: (a) a mentally ill person, (b) a person who has been convicted of a felony, (c) a non national of the United States of America, (d) a person deemed by a judicial review panel to be unfit, (e) a person who is deemed by the Department of Homeland Security to be unfit and a danger to society.

2 All persons attempting to purchase a gun shall get a free permit from the Division of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives of the Department of Justice prior to purchasing any firearm.

3 All Federally licensed gun dealers, state licensed gun dealers, and private parties are prohibited from selling to any person deemed unfit. Further, it is the responsibility of the selling party to verify a permit as well as a certification of fitness from a licensed psychologist. Failure to adhere to this prohibition will be punishable by 5 years in jail, a fine up to $100,000, or both.

4 All persons seeking to purchase a gun shall, before purchase, be cleared psychologically by an approved psychologist. This assessment will verify, in writing, that to the best of the practitioners’ belief the person seeking to purchase a firearm is mentally competent to purchase, possess, and responsibly own a firearm. Attempting to purchase a firearm without psychological clearance will be punishable by 5 years in jail, a fine up to $100,000, or both.

5 The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives shall maintain a list of qualified psychologists.

6 All owners of firearms must be evaluated once every year by an approved psychologist. If the psychologist deems someone previously competent to later be incompetent, it is the responsibility of the psychologist to notify local authorities so that any guns owned may be confiscated. Further, a permit to own and operate a firearm must be renewed every year with the Division of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

7 Any person found to be in possession of a firearm without certification of fitness or a permit will be guilty of Felony possession of a firearm. A first offense shall be punishable by a mandatory fine of $10,000. A second offense shall be punishable by a mandatory minimum jail sentence of 60 days. A third offense shall be punishable by a mandatory minimum jail sentence of 5 years.

8 Under no circumstances does this Act create a registry of guns owned. No central database of guns owned or purchased shall be created or maintained by any division or department of the Federal government. This Act does not create a prohibition of the states to create an maintain a registry as such a registry is a right of the States to mandate, create, and implement.

9 This Act does not create a mandate to maintain liability insurance for possession of a gun. This Act does not, however, create a prohibition of the States to mandate that owners of guns keep and maintain liability insurance.

http://www.northwestfirearms.c...13-a.html#post950640

I'm all for guns not falling into the wrong hands but wow, this bill is nothing but legislative red tape! And I'm not sure how different this is from current universal background checks aside from making it a yearly pain in the behind for law abiding gun owners to continue owning guns.

Pass on this. Big time.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Lead Moderator
    More liberal BS.

Try finding a psychologist that isn't anti- gun and see how you come out.
    msgt/ret, OD*, archer51 and 2 others like this.
    I want to have a job where the is no accountability,a job where I can do as I dang well please and make my own laws and act like a KING. I want to be on the Supreme Court.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

What does "deemed unfit by department of homeland security" really mean?

What criteria do they have to use to make that determination?

Looks lik e a poop sandwich and we all get a bite.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    StormRhydr, OD* and Mardet65 like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

These "stories" do much more harm than good. Always consider the source before posting such on the Internet. There is no such pending legislation.
    pittypat21 likes this.

VIP Member
    Me thinks this be propaganda. Smell test and all that.
    pittypat21 and Sig 210 like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

VIP Member
    If only we could have an unfit politicians act. Dreaming...

Aint that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    If only we could have an unfit politicians act. Dreaming...

"5 The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives shall maintain a list of qualified psychologists."

Hmmm...he who gets to determine the short list of "qualified" head shrinkers is in the driver's seat.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I'll go for the psych eval when it applies to all government employees and elected officials, with publicized evaluations.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

This is utterly insane, I'm sure this is complete bs & won't even be considered by our reps, senators, congress & so on.

If this is true, and you need a firearm, STEAL ONE

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCHEFNICK View Post
    This is utterly insane, I'm sure this is complete bs & won't even be considered by our reps, senators, congress & so on.
    Didn't we say the same thing about Obama's chances of getting elected?
    Didn't we say the same thing about Obama's chances of getting elected the second time?
    OD*, Richard58 and emawildcat like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Sorry but I can't find anything to show that any such thing exists. This is most likely one of those internet frauds running around.
    tbrenke and pittypat21 like this.

...stories like this make me crazy...wait a minnit...I take that back...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links