California Appropriations Committee Results Out Today

This is a discussion on California Appropriations Committee Results Out Today within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; California appropriations committee results: SB-53 Ammunition/Permits. passed SB-38 Firearms: prohibited persons. - HOLD SB-293 Firearms: owner-authorized handguns. - HOLD SB-374 Firearms: assault weapons. passed SB-567 ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By myrkr
  • 1 Post By Pistology
  • 1 Post By Phaedrus

Thread: California Appropriations Committee Results Out Today

California Appropriations Committee Results Out Today

California appropriations committee results:

SB-53 Ammunition/Permits. passed
    SB-38 Firearms: prohibited persons. - HOLD
    SB-293 Firearms: owner-authorized handguns. - HOLD
    SB-374 Firearms: assault weapons. passed
    SB-567 Firearms: shotguns. passed
    SB-683 Firearms: firearm safety certificate. passed
    SB-755 Firearms: prohibited persons. passed

Still awaiting news on SB47
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Still awaiting news on SB47 - Strengthens definition of fixed mag
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Oh look, they're turning us into criminals. Funny, I don't feel any different.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Oh look, they're turning us into criminals. Funny, I don't feel any different.
    Of course you don't feel any different. Everyone knows California's gun owning population can't feel anything at all except bloodlust
    blitzburgh likes this.

Im so glad I moved out of kalifornia years ago. With all of the Nazi douchebags running that state, im surprised your not charged for the air you breathe there. All that state is doing is turning a bunch of law abiding citizens into potential criminals if they don`t follow all of the new bs laws there coming up with.

Distinguished Member
    calgunsfoundation.org says, "The most honest thing I can tell you is this: there's probably nothing we can do to change the outcome of these bills in the Legislature. Our only real hope is with Governor Brown. I need your help -- send a letter NOW at DemandRights.org."
    The most honest thing that I can tell you is that this state is so far down the river that it's gonna take a SCOTUS reset. And that's a coin flip. But it's better to write and say you stood and delivered than to just wonder where your rights went in a large swath of your native land.
    Maybe attacking guns with laws will reduce gun violence? Maybe putting groups of people into criminal and mental health boxes to restrict their access to guns will reduce gun violence? Maybe it's common sense?
    Writ large for common sense and the common defense: "....the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Either you get it or you believe that there's a better idea. And time ran out 222 years ago (2A enacted December 15, 1791).
    The same criminal justice in our age of mass-media body counts, statistics, cybernetics, scientific investigation, and CCW applies since the founders enshrined the RKBA: sanction individual criminals swiftly and fairly, and hands off of "the people" and their keeping and bearing arms.
    Thank you, on behalf of gun owners present and future, for expressing your opinion to Gov. Brown.
    oneshot likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I feel bad for gun owners that have to endure California. I can also understand how tired you all must get of people telling you to move. Home is home, even if it's not perfect. Hopefully you'll have some luck getting the most egregious of the bills defeated. Maybe someday the pendulum will swing back the other way but it won't happen in the near future. I suspect I'm about the most liberal person at DC, but I'm very very pro-gun. It really sucks to see a state that has so many wonderful things going for it (eg climate, scenery, hunting, hiking, Sequoya trees) also have such a repressive regime. Guess the only people that have it worse must be those that live in NYC- all the suck with few of the virtues.
    manolito likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member
    And I know that we get tired of hearing requests for letters from you good folks to our representatives. However, we shut down the gun grabbers' national effort. So closing ranks when it counts works. So let Gov. Brown hear the voice of the people. Thanks, again.

On the 2A, they should be renamed to the Misappropriations Committee. California, land of the swap of rights for rumored security.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Governor Brown has his head so far up the President's keester that he won't hear anything. Waste of time. He came out here to visit the Rim Fire, I code-named him "Retardant 1". I know my Sheriff will tend to "not have time" for some gun laws for decent people, he will already allow non-DOJ-approved weapons for CCW, if they are modern and well-built. Well, I'm off to Oakland and Alameda today, armed in the land of the sheep. It will be nice to be able to see a mile and breathe.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Because they can afford to make more people leave the state. I'm seriously glad I left a long time ago.

These idiot politicians make me glad I left twelve years ago. I know people are tired of me saying leave CA but from my point of view, it is very hard for me to pay all those taxes only for my State Government to tell me I am losing more rights everyday. I say the hell with that and I moved to Texas where I am paying no income tax and enjoying all my gun rights.

How will these change the lives of normal Californian gun owners?
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    How will these change the lives of normal Californian gun owners?
    By making a tube feed 22lr an assult rifle.

By making me have and show the equivelent of a foid card.

By making me register all guns that will accept a magasine over 10 rounds.

by making me purchase a yearly permit to purchase ammo.

By not allowing me to buy ammo in bulk.

By not allowing me to buy ammo on line or through the mail.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head, but the list goes on...... DR

Woah, yuck. Up here (in Canada) we're required to have a license to own a gun anyway. So, my making us show it for ammo isn't that much of an extra burden and leads to amusing stories of criminals not being able to access ammo for their guns. But, if I were used to bulk ammo purchases or online purchases, I'd vastly resent having it taken away.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Links