The "Most Efficient" Weapon

This is a discussion on The "Most Efficient" Weapon within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had a thought while reading this article "Erase" AR-15 Rifle linked from The Gun Feed In the mass murder incidents we've seen in the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The "Most Efficient" Weapon

I had a thought while reading this article "Erase" AR-15 Rifle linked from The Gun Feed

In the mass murder incidents we've seen in the past several years, the perpetrators usually select the most efficient weapon they can get their hands on (AR-15, AK-47, etc.).

The knee-jerk reaction of gun control proponents is to "ban" those weapons.

Where they were successful in doing so, the perpetrators just move down the list to the next most efficient weapon available, including improvised weapons if necessary (i.e. "pressure cooker bombs" or other IED's).

This suggest to me one of two things: Either the gun control proponents intentions are to just move down the list one-by-one until nothing is left, or there is some number of deaths in a mass murder incident that is acceptable to them, even if they don't realize it.

I suppose another possibility is that they don't even follow the logical next steps of their actions should another incident occur with the next most efficient weapon available. Will they just continue to knee jerk to the next level, never realizing that they can never reach their goal? That people intent on committing mass murder will find a way, regardless of the obstacles place in their way?

And the next incident will occur, as we've seen throughout history regardless of the laws limiting access to weapons wherever the incident happens to occur (China with bladed weapons, England and Australia with continued gun murders regardless of the fact that they "aren't available", etc.).

Your thoughts?
    G26Raven likes this.

Your thoughts?
    The weapons used are very efficient in the job of killing we have to admit that. That being said, the people committing these crimes will never be stopped no matter what law is on the books. You cannot legislate human feelings and emotions. This has been proven by other countries with strict gun control laws...

To your gun control side. Its not about saving lives, or common sense, its about complete control. That's it.....
    OD*, manolito, bmcgilvray and 3 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Just pass a law banning evil from the heart of man. There now don't you feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    Just pass a law banning evil from the heart of man. There now don't you feel better?
    So what have you beensmokin' today Slim?? Or you must be drinking adult beverages with BOTH hands today.
    Is today Sunday??
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Distinguished Member Array JDavisArk's Avatar
    Your mind. Software, not hardware.
    My thoughts? Geez.....I dunno.....maybe quit thinking like 'they' want you to? You are the weapon, everything else is a tool.
    nontechguy and SwordMaster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JDavisArk View Post
    Your mind. Software, not hardware.
    My thoughts? Geez.....I dunno.....maybe quit thinking like 'they' want you to? You are the weapon, everything else is a tool.
    While I agree with you on the mind being the weapon and the gun being a tool. We are fooling ourselves if we do not think that an AR or AK is a more effective tool...

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

You may be on to something. After outlawing virtually all firearms in the UK, they recently had a push to outlaw large kitchen knives. Apparently, the UK was (is?) having problems with large kitchen knives being used to commit crimes. The attempt failed, but it does add credence to your theory.
    maxwell97 likes this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

The UK due to mob violence amazon stopped selling baseball bats to people. I guess they just are supposed to let themselves get killed
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_922217.html

Go Seahawks!

Although the "efficient weapon" ban happy stuff sounds like a good response, it does not work

V tech, guy had one 10 rd pistol and one 15 rd pistol, and something like 30 magazines

Texas college shooting in the 60's, guy had 3 rd bolt action hunting rifle, killed like 15 people

Back in the 20' a mob hitman emptied a 50 rd tommy gun at point blank, killed 0

Efficient is only in the person pulling the trigger
    Ghost1958 and DetChris like this.
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

Efficient is a relative term. Someone with little to no experience with an Ar or Ak is way less efficient than a person with a 6 shot revolver that is an expert with the revolver.

Someone who can handle the AR or AK can do damage no doubt. But not as much as they could by simply blowing up the place or walking in and tossing homemade firebombs around.

A person bent on doing these mass shootings or killings will carry them out regardless unless to coin a worn phrase, theres a good guy with a gun to stop them. Banning weapon types isnt going to accomplish anything. It wont even stop the person from getting the banned weapon.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    The media and Hollywood has pumped out so much mis-information. We need an update of this video to educate people

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Efficient is a relative term. Someone with little to no experience with an Ar or Ak is way less efficient than a person with a 6 shot revolver that is an expert with the revolver.

Someone who can handle the AR or AK can do damage no doubt. But not as much as they could by simply blowing up the place or walking in and tossing homemade firebombs around.

A person bent on doing these mass shootings or killings will carry them out regardless unless to coin a worn phrase, theres a good guy with a gun to stop them. Banning weapon types isnt going to accomplish anything. It wont even stop the person from getting the banned weapon.
    Agreed, but the learning curve on an AR or AK is much less than a revolver. In five minutes I can have a student shooting at 50 yards and in, making combat accurate hits with an AR. The weapons mentioned are designed that way. I love the design and ease of use of both the AR and AK....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    I had a thought while reading this article "Erase" AR-15 Rifle linked from The Gun Feed

In the mass murder incidents we've seen in the past several years, the perpetrators usually select the most efficient weapon they can get their hands on (AR-15, AK-47, etc.).

Where they were successful in doing so, the perpetrators just move down the list to the next most efficient weapon available, including improvised weapons if necessary (i.e. "pressure cooker bombs" or other IED's).

This suggest to me one of two things: Either the gun control proponents intentions are to just move down the list one-by-one until nothing is left, or there is some number of deaths in a mass murder incident that is acceptable to them, even if they don't realize it.

I suppose another possibility is that they don't even follow the logical next steps of their actions should another incident occur with the next most efficient weapon available. Will they just continue to knee jerk to the next level, never realizing that they can never reach their goal? That people intent on committing mass murder will find a way, regardless of the obstacles place in their way?

And the next incident will occur, as we've seen throughout history regardless of the laws limiting access to weapons wherever the incident happens to occur (China with bladed weapons, England and Australia with continued gun murders regardless of the fact that they "aren't available", etc.).

Your thoughts?
    The goal is total disarmament so that they can make people their slaves.
    nontechguy likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Seems pretty clear to me that there is no level of acceptable harm to innocents, and that there is a no-weaponry utopia imagined by many folks that'll never be possible but for which they're prepared to set fire to the Constitution and everything we stand for in exchange.

If the history of the anti-gunner movement is any indication, its basic strategy is picking around the edges with whatever can be gotten away with at the time. First it was machine guns (registration, 1934); then it was the 1968 buggery; then it was machine guns again (1986); then the AWB (1994, though with a "sunset" clause); now it's this or that caliber, ammo, anything semi-auto, etc etc. All equally unconstitutional infringements on hand-held common weapons.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post

Your thoughts?
    What makes you think criminals "move on down the list"? The banning of weapons generally affects law abiding citizens, not sociopathic killers. No ban will keep a criminal from the weapon of his/her choice.
    BlueHawk76 and atctimmy like this.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links