NC prohibits destruction of firearms.

NC prohibits destruction of firearms.

This is a discussion on NC prohibits destruction of firearms. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; FOX News - Top Stories - Top Stories - North Carolina law prohibits police from destroying guns...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By BugDude
  • 1 Post By Phaedrus

Thread: NC prohibits destruction of firearms.

The law requires that law enforcement agencies donate, keep or sell confiscated guns to licensed gun dealers. Guns may only be destroyed if they are damaged or missing serial numbers, according to the report.
    I can't really see any harm in this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I can't really see any harm in this.
    :thumbsup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." -- Paul

So doesn't this render the liberal programs called "gun buybacks" completely useless? The programs aren't getting the guns "off the streets" so to speak, just changing which street they are on. Seems like a total waste of time, energy, money, and effort just to change the guns' addresses.

Ironically, I'm betting ZERO criminals show up at these things to sell their guns, only law-abiding citizens.

If they netted 67 guns for $4,000 maybe I need to hold a gun buyback???? Can I pick and choose which ones I buy???
    knight65 and msgt/ret like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I wouldn't be surprised if criminals do get guns into the buybacks. Some of them are "no questions asked", probably a good way to get rid of a gun that's been used in a crime (provided you clean your prints off it). I see nothing wrong with the new law, though. Presumably it will kill off these nutty "buy backs."
    BugDude likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    So doesn't this render the liberal programs called "gun buybacks" completely useless? The programs aren't getting the guns "off the streets" so to speak, just changing which street they are on. Seems like a total waste of time, energy, money, and effort just to change the guns' addresses.

Ironically, I'm betting ZERO criminals show up at these things to sell their guns, only law-abiding citizens.

If they netted 67 guns for $4,000 maybe I need to hold a gun buyback???? Can I pick and choose which ones I buy???
    I have no idea about the legalities of it in my area (or yours) and I'm not yet awake enough to look into it, but at face value, that sounds like an awesome idea. That would no doubt be a hell of a score if one was able to!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    My only question is what do I do if I have a firearm that's totally junk? Have it buried with me when I check out? Its possible to jump from one extreme of regulation to another.

Distinguished Member
    I was speaking w/my local sheriff a year or so back, we were in his office. The office was fairly busy with long arms that had been collected up during various arrests. Storage was becoming a problem so he had some of them in his office. Nearly all of them were complete junk. Salvage for most of them was beyond the expense that would be involved. Most of these guns, at first glance, weren't worth buying when they were new. Some things need demolition IMO.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

I'm thinking there must have been some TEC 9s in the mix or 25 auto's.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Sponsored Links