Question about New MD Mag Laws

This is a discussion on Question about New MD Mag Laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good morning y'all! I am flying from Texas to Maryland tomorrow. My nephew just bought a Bushy M4 and, like all M4's, it came with ...

Thread: Question about New MD Mag Laws

Question about New MD Mag Laws

Good morning y'all!

I am flying from Texas to Maryland tomorrow. My nephew just bought a Bushy M4 and, like all M4's, it came with a sub standard mag. I want to take with me 2-3 30 round PMag's with me and give them to him as a present. They're still sealed in plastic and I was going to check my bag.

I know the ban goes into effect on October 1 so I want to get these to him so it's grandfathered. Is there any other reg or law I need to worry about? Would it be smarter to mail them to him via FedEx or similar?
    - SNA -

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have" -- Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Should be no problem in checked bags.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Lead Moderator
    If I remember the wording of the law correctly you should bring them in with you in your checked baggage.

Sending them would actually be illegal, I think. Parts of Maryland's laws can get very confusing, I'm sure you can't mail order mags over the limit (old or new 10/1 laws), but you can buy them and carry them in. That's why gun shop owners in the surrounding States LOVE Maryland.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

The law as it stand right now is that you cannot "buy, sell, transfer, or receive" magazines that hold more than 20. As of October, the limit is 10 with the same phrasing. Note that it does not ban possession, just transfer. To be legal about it, you and your nephew should visit a neighboring, non-New Jersey state for lunch or something, and you can give him the mags there.

Links