New Wisconsin Bill Removes Contiguous State Language From 175.30

This is a discussion on New Wisconsin Bill Removes Contiguous State Language From 175.30 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; New Wisconsin bill allows residents to buy rifles and shotguns from any state by removing 'contiguous' language from 175.30 Current law allows a resident of ...

Thread: New Wisconsin Bill Removes Contiguous State Language From 175.30

New Wisconsin Bill Removes Contiguous State Language From 175.30

New Wisconsin bill allows residents to buy rifles and shotguns from any state by removing 'contiguous' language from 175.30

Current law allows a resident of Wisconsin or an entity maintaining a place of business in Wisconsin to obtain a rifle or shotgun in a state that is contiguous to Wisconsin if the transfer complies with federal law and the laws of both states. This bill eliminates the requirement that the state be a contiguous state.
    Proposed Wisconsin Gun Law SB285 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

2. Remove Ads

This is good news. Any legislation that reduces infringement is a very good thing!

I like it, hopefully it passes for you guys up there.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I believe FL had that same requirement and dumped it a couple of years ago to fall in line with Federal requirements.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

So does that mean if someone from Wisconsin was in Idaho or Colorado or California they could buy a rifle or handgun from people in those states, take it home and all would be well?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links