Chicago City Council Approves Rewrite Of Gun Laws

This is a discussion on Chicago City Council Approves Rewrite Of Gun Laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; City Council Committee Approves Rewrite Of Gun Laws CBS Chicago Maybe one day things will get better for gun owners there...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By ccw9mm
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By Warrior1256
  • 1 Post By OutWestSystems
  • 1 Post By Xader
  • 4 Post By knight65

Thread: Chicago City Council Approves Rewrite Of Gun Laws

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar

Chicago City Council Approves Rewrite Of Gun Laws

City Council Committee Approves Rewrite Of Gun Laws CBS Chicago

Maybe one day things will get better for gun owners there
    Last edited by Manderinobyebye; September 9th, 2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: left out part of statement

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    There's a slap in the face for ya!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

And, anti-gunner to the last ...

The Emanuel Administration also is proposing “Safe Zones” on and around buses and trains.

The bill would increase jail time and fines for the use of illegal firearms there.

As a city, we have a responsibility to protect riders of buses and trains, especially the many students who rely on the CTA as a key mode of transportation, from the dangers of gun violence. I am very pleased the Public Safety Committee has taken the next step in creating new Public Transportation Safety Zones and increasing penalties for serious weapon and gun-related offenses near bus stops, bus shelters and El stations and on buses and trains,” Mayor Rahm Emanuel said in a statement.

Funny, but I thought the CHL statutes were there to ensure citizens had the ability to protect themselves. It's not as though waggling a nanny finger at upstanding citizens is going to keep an armed felon from coming aboard public transit. If anything, criminalizing otherwise lawful carry will simply help ensure criminals find zero citizens capable of effectively withstanding violent predation when it does occur.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; September 10th, 2013 at 04:19 AM. Reason: spelling, grammar
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Wow.....Can't believe Chicago did that???
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Wow.....Can't believe Chicago did that???
    I can't either ......why am I suspicious that when it is voted on and signed into law it will more resemble an "end around" the carry laws and state laws?
    The easy way is always mined.

Quote Originally Posted by CIBMike View Post
    I can't either ......why am I suspicious that when it is voted on and signed into law it will more resemble an "end around" the carry laws and state laws?
    Well, with bans around buses, around trains, around schools, at anyplace with a "No Guns" sign, at any employer's property or parking lot with such policies/signs, and any and all city/state/fed buildings and premises ... that'll pretty much mean only felons and non-traveling citizens (or walkers) will be armed. Perhaps that's just what they want.
    CIBMike and BenGoodLuck like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Nothing "anti-gun" surprises me out of Chicago. Should not surprise anyone else.

I'm surprised it is not MORE strict than it will be. That's Chicago for you.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member
    I feel sorry for all those who must live there.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    They're trying their damndest to gut the CC law because they got it shoved us their as#es after fighting it tooth and nail.
    blitzburgh likes this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Yes, because the criminals are very worried about making it illegal to shoot someone near a bus. Sure this will drive the crime rates down.
    JDE101 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Wait, laser sights are banned?

Well, God forbid someone actually hit what they're aiming at. I guess dead bystanders are better than dead criminals in Chicago...

Remember the film ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK? Perhaps we should just build a giant wall around Chicago because it's already just a giant prison filled with criminals...
    A prison to those who live there and criminals being both the lawless and lawmaking!
    JDE101, gregivq, Wolf357 and 1 others like this.

This may be a step forward but as history has shown, two backward steps will follow. For me, any anti-gun effort pushes me to stay away and not spend any money.

“As a city, we have a responsibility to protect riders of buses and trains, especially the many students who rely on the CTA as a key mode of transportation, from the dangers of gun violence. I am very pleased the Public Safety Committee has taken the next step in creating new Public Transportation Safety Zones and increasing penalties for serious weapon and gun-related offenses near bus stops, bus shelters and El stations and on buses and trains,” Mayor Rahm Emanuel said in a statement.
    - What's the point of increasing penalties if they continue to drop firearms charges like they currently do?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    The Emanuel Administration also is proposing “Safe Zones” on and around buses and trains.
    'Cause, you know, who gets mugged at the train or bus station?

Links