Like this will help with anything. .

This is a discussion on Like this will help with anything. . within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Newtown Unanimously Adopts New Firearms Ordinance - ABC News it would be nice if they would pull their heads out of you know where, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Like this will help with anything. .

Newtown Unanimously Adopts New Firearms Ordinance - ABC News

it would be nice if they would pull their heads out of you know where, and take a deep breath of some fresh air...... ridiculous.

By Jove! that should solve the mass murder problem in America, no more gun violence there by golly...

The local clinic must be running a special deal on Frontal Lobotomies cuz it looks like everyone is getting or got one.

Just last week I read here or somewhere that Newtown residents were applying for CC permits right and left.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!! Sent via Hemp string and C Rat cans
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I cant make any sense out of that regulation, at all.

VIP Member
    I was just reading it off my news headlines here: Newtown unanimously adopts new firearms ordinance. I figured one of ya'll would have it already posted.

It truly pains me to see such stupidity among the masses. Even someone with severely handicapped reasoning and logic skills could deduct that they are regulating things that are not relevant to the problem that they are trying to solve.

Amazing stupidity. Truly amazing.
    Sister and CIBMike like this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Talk about your knee-jerk reactions! Maybe just jerks would be more like it.

If I had anything to say about it I would be seeing that every idiot that voted for it would be kicking rocks at election time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

• No resident may shoot for more than four hours after police are notified

• Shooting is limited to one person at a time. (What, only one person in Newtown can shoot a gun at any given time? What about when a murderous felon comes to visit? What about at a gun range?)

• Target backstops are required and must be 10 feet above the target. (If 10ft above the target, I can't imagine them being very effective as backstops, then.)

• No shooting is allowed within a half-mile of a school. (Hm. In a town with a population of 1800, this requirement would likely cut of the town off from shooting. And there's no mention of self-defense shooting, though I suspect that's not something that'd be jumped on due to this half-mile stuff. But you never know. No murderous felon worth his salt's going to give a darn about this minor prohibition, either.)

Hard to imagine such things impacting crimes of the sort perpetrated by the guy last year. Of course, they did specify these were primarily for limiting fears over recreational shooting.
    DjPx4 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The ordinance approved last week by the Legislative Council says no resident may shoot for more than four hours after police are notified and shooting is limited to one person at a time. Target backstops are required and must be 10 feet above the target.
    What in the name of all that is holy does this mean?

What about constitutional rights?

United Daughters of the Confederacy member

American by birth
    Christian by choice
    Southern by the grace of God

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    What about constitutional rights?
    SCOTUS clearly stated infringements are going to be allowed by the courts. And so, the beat goes on. Constitutional prohibitions on infringements be damned.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I was just reading it off my news headlines here: Newtown unanimously adopts new firearms ordinance. I figured one of ya'll would have it already posted.

It truly pains me to see such stupidity among the masses. Even someone with severely handicapped reasoning and logic skills could deduct that they are regulating things that are not relevant to the problem that they are trying to solve.

Amazing stupidity. Truly amazing.
    It depends on the "problem" you are addressing. Another poster mentioned an increase in CC permits. If you an anti gunner this is bad news. How do you address it you can't ban ranges the Supreme s called No Deal on that one but if you hamper socialization (one shooter at a time) hamper availability must notify police must conclude within certain time frame of notifying police, then add on physical plant requirements you don't have funding for (back stop ten foot above target). You then make practicing for concealed carry a hassle. If some one puts forth a request for the physical plant improvements you say he's taking money from school or playground budgets(It's about the children don't you know) If after a lack of practice a shot goes astray then it's proof positive that ordinary citizens shouldn't have guns(insert crocodile tears for the victim)
    CIBMike likes this.

If i read this correctly, in a self defense situation I must notify the police and then am allowed to continue shooting at the bg for 4 continuous hours. But, no one else can shoot at him until I am done.
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    If i read this correctly, in a self defense situation I must notify the police and then am allowed to continue shooting at the bg for 4 continuous hours. But, no one else can shoot at him until I am done.
    No I think it means you can keep shooting for 4 hours but you can only shoot one person at a time.
    CIBMike and Sister like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    No I think it means you can keep shooting for 4 hours but you can only shoot one person at a time.
    Even mass murderers shoot only one person at a time.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links