Illinois Supremes say 2A extends outside home

This is a discussion on Illinois Supremes say 2A extends outside home within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ya gotta love those guys....better late than never The Illinois Supreme Court, citing federal gun rights cases won by the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation, today ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Illinois Supremes say 2A extends outside home

Ya gotta love those guys....better late than never

The Illinois Supreme Court, citing federal gun rights cases won by the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation, today ruled unanimously that a section of state gun law violated the constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and affirmed that this right extends outside the home.

Illinois Supremes issue major affirmation of 2A - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Things are looking up for Illinois these days.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Who are these guys and where is the real Illinois?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Is this real life?
    southernwi likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

This is the first State Supreme Court to uphold the 2nd outside the home. It will really mess up some politicians' plans.
    Today, folks in Chicago can carry their concealed sidearms, Open-Carry sidearms, Rifles & Shotguns on Main Street, Legally.
    The LEOs will be having Heart-Attacks! LOL (they are not trained to deal with "FREE PEOPLE".

Since the IL State Police will be regulating the CPL process, unnecessary at the moment, the local Counties & Cities may have no say regarding 'Restrictions'.... it will be interesting to see this evolve.

9 to 0 Dayum!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    Ya gotta love those guys....better late than never

The Illinois Supreme Court, citing federal gun rights cases won by the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation, today ruled unanimously that a section of state gun law violated the constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and affirmed that this right extends outside the home.

Illinois Supremes issue major affirmation of 2A - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    They may as well say it, since the SCOTUS already has and they know they will be over-ruled anyway if they don't.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Is it possible these guys actually have a little integrity? In Illinois???? They can't be from Chicago.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

VIP Member
    Who are these guys and what did they do with the court justices?

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    This is the first State Supreme Court to uphold the 2nd outside the home. It will really mess up some politicians' plans.
    Today, folks in Chicago can carry their concealed sidearms, Open-Carry sidearms, Rifles & Shotguns on Main Street, Legally.
    The LEOs will be having Heart-Attacks! LOL (they are not trained to deal with "FREE PEOPLE".

Since the IL State Police will be regulating the CPL process, unnecessary at the moment, the local Counties & Cities may have no say regarding 'Restrictions'.... it will be interesting to see this evolve.

9 to 0 Dayum!

The LEOs won't be having heart attacks...haven't met too many police officers who are anti-2nd Amendment...unfortunately, the politicians are the bosses and the police their pawns much of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Is this real life?
    Is it just fantasy..

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Badey and Sarge65 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by USM1976 View Post
    The LEOs won't be having heart attacks...haven't met too many police officers who are anti-2nd Amendment...unfortunately, the politicians are the bosses and the police their pawns much of the time.
    The Chicago Police Chief stated his Officers would Shoot CPL Citizens if they ever needed to pull their sidearms.
    I was a State Trooper (Detroit Area) for 40 years and was assigned to Firearm Training & Trooper Quals. LEOs are also Citizens and subject to 'Higher Standards' than other Citizens in a shoot.
    When I was Lt-Det, 95% of my command was Pro-Gun and 2nd Amend.

Chicago City Chief says his Dept is different.........(LOL)........We shall soon see if his 'THREATS' are real.
    Personally, I think the clown is an Idiot Politician. But, He said it (Chicago Sun, IIRC).
    USM1976 and The Old Anglo like this.

I'm glad I'm in PA.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

Just a side note Justice Robert Thomas used to be a kicker for the Chicago Bears. He is a good conservative.
    DJC7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jjhmachine View Post
    Is it just fantasy..
    Caught in a landslide,
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - T. Jefferson

Bravo. Very unexpected.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links