I Shouldn't Ever Read Buy-Back Articles

This is a discussion on I Shouldn't Ever Read Buy-Back Articles within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sponging off of Mandpgrl's "Newtown Parents Back For More Gun Control" which featured the link; did anyone see this news item linked? Haverhill's gun buyback ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: I Shouldn't Ever Read Buy-Back Articles

I Shouldn't Ever Read Buy-Back Articles

Sponging off of Mandpgrl's "Newtown Parents Back For More Gun Control" which featured the link; did anyone see this news item linked?

Haverhill's gun buyback program called success | North - WCVB Home

"Considering the diminutive size of that container that sorry, lyin' police chief exhibits and the O.A.L of the cartridges seen inside, just how much "armor piercing" ammo is really in there?"

"These guns, including some that are quite valuable, are to be destroyed."

"Pistone said most people were glad to get rid of the weapons before they fell into the wrong hands."

So, grow a spine and do place guns in the wrong hands. Use them yourself or market them appropriately to allow "the right hands" to enjoy their use. What a bunch of lilly-livered, spineless, morons so many fellow citizens have become!

"The wrong hands" is a "stalking horse" used to frighten the thoughtless into giving up guns. These traitorous types want all guns and will resort to any sort of deceitful propaganda to further their sordid cause.

I saw a good lookin' Smith & Wesson Model 67 lying there, along with a pre-1920 Smith & Wesson K-Frame Hand Ejector (can tell by the rear sight groove). Also some sort of 19th century nickel Smith & Wesson top-break, possibly a good Colt Army Special revolver, what looked like a Colt Model 1903/1908, and perhaps a 2-inch Smith & Wesson Model 10 with heavy rust patches on it.

What about that over-and-under shotgun? Didn't recognize it and not going to afflict myself by watching again, but it couldn't be a bad one. That needs to be taken out of circulation for sure.

Our nation is run by a bunch a' blitherin' idiots!!! They're voted into office by cravenly stupid voters!!!

This is not the same nation it once was!
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

2. Remove Ads

The only consolation I see is if their owners were stupid enough to turn these guns into a buy back then the guns were already in the wrong hands.

"These guns, including some that are quite valuable, are to be destroyed."

"Pistone said most people were glad to get rid of the weapons before they fell into the wrong hands."
    Unless only violent felons participated in the buy-back, the guns already were in the "right" hands. A good case can be made that this buy-back effectively took guns out of the "right" hands. It's not as though a voluntary activity like this de-fangs any felons. And by reducing supply, it will marginally increase the cost of the rest of the market supply. At best, it's a politically-motivated ploy with zero "street" benefits, without any crime reduction as claimed by people who run such buy-backs. At best, it's simply another opportunity for a sound byte by those who think those who hired them are dumber than rocks.

Anti-gunner hirelings: it's time to respect the 2A and the BOR ... or else. Recalls and other methods of coming down hard on those who breach their sworn oaths are a couple of methods the People have at their disposal for such folks.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Yea i didn't see that.They got 50-100 bucks.Blitherin' idiots is right..Seems like i read somewhere, it was in Seattle maybe,where they tried this,and it kinda backfired. Some people outside bought a couple of the guns,people were going to turn in.

.Obviously the ones outside paid the people more to buy them.I don't remember exactly how it went.You would have to figure out someway to make sure they weren't on the hot side.If you could,would be some good deals,maybe.

Gun buybacks are something like Chicken Soup For The Soul for cowardly imbeciles who foolishly refer to themselves as Americans. Disgusting.

Im not sure that everyone understands that these gun buy back programs are "no questions asked", of the people bringing in the guns. Thats how it makes some sense that expensive guns get turned in for some under valued gift card.

Homey steals or gets a hot gun, or leaves it at someones place, and wants to get rid of it, turn it in, no questions asked for a gift card. Of course, how long before gun thefts go up, because people are out to steal them to turn in at gun buy backs, no questions asked?
    GunGeezer, Snub44 and Gav1230 like this.

Notice that there were no evil assault rifles, no high capacity glocks* in that bunch of guns.

So the net effect on crime will be zero at best, possibly a negative result as now some folks may not have any firearm defense, no matter how effective it might have been. Can't even do a Joe B.

*street term, not brand name
    GunGeezer and Gav1230 like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Need to go to Lowe's and build about 20 zip guns to turn in.
    dukalmighty likes this.

Distinguished Member
    That is so sad.

Most guns are pieces of art, somebody took time and energy to make each gun. They are like the human body, each part working together to perform an extraordinary task.

This practice should be unlawful.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Even sadder to me is that Haverhill is a day's march for a colonial Minuteman from Lexington and Concord. Those patriots and martyrs for American independence must be rolling over in their graves.
    bmcgilvray, sdprof, tdave and 4 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    That is so sad.

Most guns are pieces of art, somebody took time and energy to make the gun. They are like the human body, each part working together to perform an extraordinary task.

This practice should be unlawful.
    The AZ legislature passed a bill this year that effectively bans wholesale destruction of firearms confiscated by police and LE agencies. Instead, they are to be sold through non-restricted channels and the proceeds used to offset the cost of police equipment. I'd call that win-win.

Of course the nitwit mayor of Phoenix and his police chief (recent import from Houston, I think) ran a bunch of buy-backs quickly before the new law went into effect. Even more laughable is that the guns were turned in anonymously, but the chief solemnly stated that all the guns would have their serial numbers check for any involvement in criminal activity. Hey, cool - sounds like a good idea - and then what? Try to track down who turned it in anonymously?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Honestly, I'm glad to see the guns out of the hands of the previous owners. If they are willing to sacrifice them for nothing they don't deserve to have them. My guess is 99% of the owners had no ammo for them, nor would they have known how to load it if needed. They not only fall for the anti BS of they are doing good for the children, they also fall for the BS that the police will be there to keep them safe.
    GunGeezer likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I've been told by LE friends that most of the truly valuable guns (often WW2 1911s and bring-back P08s turned in by ignorant grandchildren/widows) are pinched by officers. The vast majority of the guns turned in are broken, or they're junk like Jimenez/Raven Arms so the current owner actually ends up making a profit depending on how much the gift cards they're giving are worth

Good post, Bryan. I sadly agree wholeheartedly. I'm glad, for a moment, not to have your "ID Skills"........I'd be sobbing.

However, America is not yet lost. Watch Colorado. We are trying to take back our state. Colorado will we a battleground for a few years here, and I'll try to do my part.

pinched by officers
    That sounds like a breach of trust to me.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

One more reason I'm glad I left MA. Though there are more things I miss than reasons I left. Agh!! Homesick!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links