Is Bloomberg Buying Manchin?

This is a discussion on Is Bloomberg Buying Manchin? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This was in the Letters to the Editor of the Herald-Dispatch of Huntington, WV. I truly despise my "Senator" Joe Manchin (D-WV) and his recent ...

Like Tree26Likes
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 2 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 4 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm
  • 3 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By tdave
  • 4 Post By archer51
  • 4 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By gatorbait51
  • 2 Post By gatorbait51
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By Warrior1256

Thread: Is Bloomberg Buying Manchin?

Question Is Bloomberg Buying Manchin?

This was in the Letters to the Editor of the Herald-Dispatch of Huntington, WV.

I truly despise my "Senator" Joe Manchin (D-WV) and his recent actions concerning more gun control although "he" doesn't see it that way. I pray for a Colorado-style "recall" election but sadly, it ain't happening.

The writer accuses Mayor Bloomberg of raising money for Manchin to further the gun control effort. I had no idea. Hope it isn't true, but then NOTHING surprises me about these two.

Voice of the people - The Herald Dispatch
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Im am sure it's true. Bloomie loves Bloomie and what he thinks should be law, he will spend spend spend.... in case you don't know who he was in a former life ,
    here's the 411 from Wikipedia.

Michael Bloomberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He will. If Colorado is any example, which it is unless you are brain-dead, he was in the deep pocket group from the word go. Review the Colorado example and you'll find:

Bloomberg;
    Eli Broad;
    Organizing for America;
    Many Unions; and
    Many Out-of-State folks, the usual political suspects

Bloomberg can throw money away and burn it and never run out, sadly enough. It is truly a sorry spectacle to observe how he chooses so poorly.

Denver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24...call-elections

NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/us...anted=all&_r=0

Sunlight Foundation: http://reporting.sunlightfoundation....colorado-guns/

Bill Clinton even made robo-calls.
    JoJoGunn and msgt/ret like this.

Rock,

It has been my dismay that we have a very uninformed group of voters in West Virginia. Typically they are Democrat. Republicans can really consider themselves to be a minority in my state.(Maybe we qualify for public assistance?)

I thought that Sen. Manchin (D-WV) would be a good Senator. He was a good Governor and the Attorney General we had before and now are 2A on steroids. Remarkably, they have actually gotten more states to recognize WV Carry Permits and vice versa. I now feel very sorry that I believed in him. He has made a complete about face on many of the things he stated he would not do. I guess he just lied.

He blames it squarely upon the Sandy Hook Elementary tragedy and that it has affected him so deeply that he needed to bring forth the nonsense legislation he and Toomey attempted. A lot of us were affected by Sandy Hook, but it doesn't make us want to rush out and continue to squash the rights of law abiding individuals in an effort to curb crime. I told him so in and e-mail but his response was basically that this needed to be done no matter what anyone thought. That's when I realized he was a danger.

Yet, most of the people of West Virginia just love him, because of one thing : he is a Democrat. It doesn't matter if he was Hitler, Stalin, Hussein and Ghengiz Khan all rolled into one, just as long as he is a Democrat, that's fine. If he were Republican and wanting gun control, the good Democrats in WV would lynch the guy. That is our problem and has been here all along. I don't know how a recall would even be done if he did something to deserve it.

I'm glad to see Colorado fighting outside sources attempting to sway your politicians. At least you have some people left with sense.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I'm sure "big money" is bribing a great percentage of Congress, yes.

For one, getting elected tends to require a pile of cash, and taking that makes one beholden to a degree.

For another, Bloomers and numerous others invest heavily in certain candidates and key issues, to get things to go the way they want.

Bribery, greasing palms, payola, inducement to constitutional malfeasance, outright and blatant corruption ... whatever you want to call it, yes.
    Rock and Glock and JoJoGunn like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Manchin has been a big disappointment and Bloomberg certainly has been funding him. Don't forget another reason that West Virginians love Manchin...he played football for WVU. Sadly, just that is enough to get him elected in WV even if he came out and wanted to out right ban the ownership of guns.

As you said though, he's a Democrat and WV loves their Democrats, even though the Democrats have led the way to the bottom of the heap for the past 60 years.

Onward to the 50th position!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Politicians being bought say it ain't so!
    JoJoGunn likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Manchin has been a big disappointment and Bloomberg certainly has been funding him. Don't forget another reason that West Virginians love Manchin...he played football for WVU. Sadly, just that is enough to get him elected in WV even if he came out and wanted to out right ban the ownership of guns.

As you said though, he's a Democrat and WV loves their Democrats, even though the Democrats have led the way to the bottom of the heap for the past 60 years.

Onward to the 50th position!
    Maybe you could start the rumor he really wanted to go to VA Tech and be a Hokie.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    After what the dems have done to the coal business it surprises me that the people in WV would still vote for them?
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    This was in the Letters to the Editor of the Herald-Dispatch of Huntington, WV.

I truly despise my "Senator" Joe Manchin (D-WV) and his recent actions concerning more gun control although "he" doesn't see it that way. I pray for a Colorado-style "recall" election but sadly, it ain't happening.

The writer accuses Mayor Bloomberg of raising money for Manchin to further the gun control effort. I had no idea. Hope it isn't true, but then NOTHING surprises me about these two.

Voice of the people - The Herald Dispatch
    Does the Earth turn on its axis?
    JoJoGunn likes this.

VIP Member
    The coal cracker unions are happily selling out their membership as fast as the Lightbringer can shovel money back to them. That money buys a boatload of TV and Radio ads aimed at the willfully stupid.
    JoJoGunn and Rock and Glock like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Maybe you could start the rumor he really wanted to go to VA Tech and be a Hokie.
    No way Archer. That would ruin Virginia Tech's reputation!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    He isn't going to stop,so why not?

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    I am a native West Virginian, moving here to the great state of Kentucky two years ago. When Manchin ran to fill the unexpired term of Senator Robert Byrd I tried to tell everyone that, based on his past actions, Manchin would be nothing but a rubber stamp for Obama and his minions. Sad to say I was right.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Links