Text Book Defines 2nd Amendment!

This is a discussion on Text Book Defines 2nd Amendment! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wait Until You See How a High School Textbook Summarizes the Rights Guaranteed in the Second Amendment | TheBlaze.com I guess our CCWs belong to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Text Book Defines 2nd Amendment!

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Wait Until You See How a High School Textbook Summarizes the Rights Guaranteed in the Second Amendment | TheBlaze.com

I guess our CCWs belong to a State Militia! Of course these little mush melon heads will be able to vote when they get out of High School!

WHY WE"RE LOSING THE GUN CONTROL DEBATE!

Thank you Teacher Union for educating our Y'UTH!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I don't see that book lasting long in TX if word of that reaches "The People" of TX.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

It pays to do home work with your kids I've seen really silly stuff passed off as Science or History.
    WHEC724 and BenGoodLuck like this.

I certainly believe that society plays an important role in ones decision but I also believe that the house hold in which you are raised will set the standard on which decisions you make about you political views

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    That makes my blood boil more than a crustacean's at Red Lobster.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by From twisted definition in 'history' book
    Second Amendment: “The people have the right to keep and bear arms in a state militia,”
    Yup. Brainwashing at its best. Get 'em while they're young, then you've got 'em by the short ones.

The People (aka The Militia, every adult citizen capable of bearing arms) retain for themselves every right to keep and bear arms, and that right shall not be infringed, restricted, limited, sidestepped, buggered, fooled with or otherwise obliterated in any manner whatsoever.

Here's one irrelevant little factoid regarding that book: It's listed as $4K+ on Amazon.com. If it were a double-struck, misprint coin, it'd be worth something. Trouble is, it's a so-called "history" book. Should be recalled like Tylenol was (back when the poisonings occurred), for all that damage it'll do.

United States History: Preparing for the Advanced Placement Examination Paperback
    by John J. Newman (Author) , John M. Schmalbach (Author)

Publisher: Amsco School Publications; 2nd Revised edition (2010).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    This is something that is the folks at the Blaze are using to stir a pot that doesn't need to be stirred. The definition in the book is one that you would have found in any text a few years back. The Supreme Court hadn't ruled that the 2nd Amendment applied to individuals and common thought in the scholarly circles was that it was a collective right and not an individual right. That has been changed but for text books to catch up can take 10 years or more even if they aren't attempting to misguide the youth. Simply put the books aren't updated and rewritten yearly and they aren't going to change that just because a court decision changes something for an issue that some will be upset about. They'd have to reprint a couple times a year to always be accurate on everything.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    It pays to do home work with your kids I've seen really silly stuff passed off as Science or History.

Like the white-wash that constituted the "Westward Expansion" of the USA during the 1800's. It certainly wasn't all peaches and cream, as described. It was genocide on a continental scale, pure and simple. But, of course, it was never, ever, described that way.
    DontTreadOnI and Hoganbeg like this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    There are all sorts of things that people put in text book to support political agendas. In the same state they are try to push teaching intelligent design as a "valid alternative theory" on how we got here. People just don't understand facts are facts.

wow, i find it increasingly infuriating that a institution dedicated to higher learning is subject to politics and misguided attempts to sway children to paticular way of thinking, rather than give them the facts and let them make the decision for themselves.

mfnoie wni 23f j890 3jfjmnkllf, sorry, i got so mad i couldnt make my fingers work to type correctly..
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    This is something that is the folks at the Blaze are using to stir a pot that doesn't need to be stirred. The definition in the book is one that you would have found in any text a few years back. The Supreme Court hadn't ruled that the 2nd Amendment applied to individuals and common thought in the scholarly circles was that it was a collective right and not an individual right. That has been changed but for text books to catch up can take 10 years or more even if they aren't attempting to misguide the youth. Simply put the books aren't updated and rewritten yearly and they aren't going to change that just because a court decision changes something for an issue that some will be upset about. They'd have to reprint a couple times a year to always be accurate on everything.
    Sometimes the pot needs to be stired, they are not only paraphrasing, but seem to be rewriting the amendments. This is just wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    Sometimes the pot needs to be stired, they are not only paraphrasing, but seem to be rewriting the amendments. This is just wrong on so many levels.

What I'd prefer in a textbook or a study guide is the real deal, the actual wording, followed by an accurate and detailed analysis and summary of the meaning, where it came from, etc. Little different than defining a person, by identifying that person's title, position, achievements and history, as opposed to fouling up the person's reference by some concocted drivel that's patently inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIEvs42 View Post
    wow, i find it increasingly infuriating that a institution dedicated to higher learning is subject to politics and misguided attempts to sway children to paticular way of thinking, rather than give them the facts and let them make the decision for themselves.
    What's worse, it's for the Advanced Placement testing.

It should be renamed: Study Guide For Advanced Brainwashing Of Children.

David Kopel should have been consulted. Instead, these authors let 'er rip, and blew it. Amazing that the editors didn't catch the flub, unless they were in on the butchering.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Wait Until You See How a High School Textbook Summarizes the Rights Guaranteed in the Second Amendment | TheBlaze.com

I guess our CCWs belong to a State Militia! Of course these little mush melon heads will be able to vote when they get out of High School!

WHY WE"RE LOSING THE GUN CONTROL DEBATE!

Thank you Teacher Union for educating our Y'UTH!
    So you think we are losing?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    Totally agree! We have a responsibility as parents to know what our kids are learning. Books reflect the knowledge and biases of their authors and our kids deserve to hear all sides of an issue and to have outright errors corrected.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links