Shall not be infringed - POLL

This is a discussion on Shall not be infringed - POLL within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Please vote agree or disagree if you believe the right to bear arms should have no rules or regulation of firearms....

View Poll Results: I believe "Shall Not Be Infringed" should be taken literally!

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

141 93.38%
  • Disagree

10 6.62%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree469Likes

Thread: Shall not be infringed - POLL

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Please vote agree or disagree if you believe the right to bear arms should have no rules or regulation of firearms.

Well, it should be taken literally like the rest of the Constitution, but that doesn't mean that there should be no regulation around firearms, the manufacture of, or distribution of. Felons loose their rights through due process, so the regulation of how to restrict them from possessing them is definitely constitutional. Of course, finding the right regulations that do not produce infringement is the hard part. :)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    Please vote agree or disagree if you believe the right to bear arms should have no rules or regulation of firearms.
    Personally, I have no problems controlling firearms, as long as law abiding citizens are not kept from getting them. I don't believe in registration, but I do believe that something has to change. In Wisconsin, and I'm sure a lot of other states, it is possible to get a ccw permit with never firing a shot from a firearm. My "gun safety test" was unloading snap caps from a revolver and displaying an empty chamber to the class instructor. And from that, I was given a permit to carry a conceal weapon. So everyone who legally can should have a gun, but with rules attached. good luck
    USM1976 likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

What do you want your "rules and regulations of firearms" to accomplish?

Answer that question for us and we will be happy to discuss if your goals are Constitutional or not, if they can be achieved or not, and what can and can not be done in accordance with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights to aid in the attainment of the goals you wish to achieve.

The phrase, "shall not be infringed" means just that...literally...the 2nd amendment "shall not be infringed".
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Sensible gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    What do you want your "rules and regulations of firearms" to accomplish?

Answer that question for us and we will be happy to discuss if your goals are Constitutional or not, if they can be achieved or not, and what can and can not be done in accordance with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights to aid in the attainment of the goals you wish to achieve.

The phrase, "shall not be infringed" means just that...literally...the 2nd amendment "shall not be infringed".
    USM1976 likes this.

We should take it literally but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have ANY gun laws. We need the obvious ones, violent felons shouldn't have guns and of course we shouldn't have RPG's but that's about it. We should be allowed to have whatever the police can have. We just need to find a good balance between sensible laws and freedom, for example we have our first ammendment rights but we still have laws against libel and slander because they infringe on the rights of other people.
    USM1976 and technomonster like this.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    The problem with controlling firearms is that it will make firearms harder to get for citizens. I disagree with registration. I don't want any one knowing that I have a firearm except those that I choose to tell. It can...and will be used in the worste possible event to disarm the population in the name of "national security".Call me a nut but I don't trust any thing to a Gov. Something does need to change...but gun control is not the answer. Our problem is a society problem not a gun problem. Criminals are going to get firearms and ammunition. They have the money or they will steal them. They don't abide by the laws anyway so why would we think that banning are regulating the firearm companies out of business. Those businesses will just pass the extra costs into their product and making already expensive firearm prices even higher. Gun control doesn't work...look at Chicago for starts...maybe even LA. It is our God given right to protect ourselves...and in our founding document that our entire country and livelihoods are built upon. And that very same peice of paper says that "the rights of the people SHALL not be infringed." I believe that the common citzen shouldn't have a full auto rifle. All gun control is making criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Sensible gun control.
    What is "sensible gun control" I've heard this phrase so much but what is it really mean?

Sensible gun control.
    there is no such thing as sensible gun control as any laws are ignored by the criminals anyway. And don't get me started with anything having to do with Universal Background Checks.
    It's already been done in places like Nazi Germany where the result has been well documented.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Sensible gun control.
    Who determines sensible? You? The president? The Supreme court? Michael Bloomingidiot? A consensus of the population? The U.N.?

If a felon has done his time (paid his debt to society and all), should his right to self protection be infringed? If he commits more crimes soon after his time, did we hold him long enough?

The mentally ill... Well I can see that... but then, who determines mentally ill.... what if a noted psychologist determines that YOU, who owns more than 3 or 4 guns... has an affinity to violence? and is maybe obsessive about firearms... and shows that "people like you" are more likely to be a danger to society.... not that it will happen, but it might... and therefore you should not have firearms...

Hmmm.... "Shall not be infringed" works for me... pretty well...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    It's not a perfect world folks, and to try to regulate ourselves into perfection is insanity.

Give us freedom, let the chips fall where they may, and I'll get by with being responsible for me and mine.

Sensible gun control.
    There is no such thing. It not about the gun. Its all about control. The 2A is not the only one under attack. The government needs unarmed slaves to be able to exercise its will upon the people....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Its different for every person... I stated some of my thoughts above

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaCPA View Post
    What is "sensible gun control" I've heard this phrase so much but what is it really mean?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

Wow.. unarmed slaves...that some fairly radical thinking but hey I ask for your opinion and respect your right to it.

On a side note... I'd love it if you'd PM me about what will you think the government want to exercise upon me.

Thanks
    Hal

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    There is no such thing. It not about the gun. Its all about control. The 2A is not the only one under attack. The government needs unarmed slaves to be able to exercise its will upon the people....

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    There are limits to ALL of our rights. Freedom of speech has limits, as does religion, the press, even assembly. The 2nd is no different. The hard part is the balance. How do you balance individual freedoms that MUST be protected with the public good that also much be protected. I seem to fall into the camp of my rights end where another person's begins. That in most cases means the 2nd is not infringed upon because me owning firearms does not have any effect on others.
    SCXDm9 likes this.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Links