Police: Boy, 14, fatally shot after egging SUV

This is a discussion on Police: Boy, 14, fatally shot after egging SUV within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is another one that does gun ownership harm. I read this early this morning. http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/03/tee....ap/index.html Tim COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- A 14-year-old boy who ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police: Boy, 14, fatally shot after egging SUV

Here is another one that does gun ownership harm. I read this early this morning.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/03/tee....ap/index.html

Tim

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- A 14-year-old boy who was throwing eggs at cars along with two other teenagers was shot and killed by someone who had been in a sport utility vehicle that was hit, police said.

Danny Crawford was killed by a gunshot wound to his upper body, Franklin County Coroner Brad Lewis said. He died in an alley on the city's west side early Saturday, authorities said.

The teens were throwing eggs at cars when an SUV that was struck chased them, Detective Tim Huston said. The vehicle stopped and several gunshots were fired, he said.

Police were looking for the shooter, who fled in the SUV, Sgt. Dana Norman said. The SUV believed to be involved was found a short time later near where Crawford died.

The other teens were not hurt, police said.

Shooting him may not have been a proper response, but if my vehicle is egged, I'd want to shoot the c-sucker too.
    Last edited by Packman73; December 3rd, 2006 at 10:39 AM.

I bet he doesn't egg cars anymore.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Extreme response !

Assistant Administrator
    Certainly over extreme and not what I would expect from a responsible CCW - and so thinking more like this was some high flash point idiot out to try and prove something.

Stupid kids but - the deed is reprehensible and certainly paints gun owners in very bad light. It is pretty much what Brady et al thrive on.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I blame the parents. If these kids were raised right, this situation would never have happened.

Administrator

Question

I blame the SHOOTER not the parents. Even if the kid was a Homeless Street Urchin and Had no parents...does any human being deserve to die over an egg?

The last time I checked the penalty for a young kid tossing an egg at a car was not death by firing squad.

The person that shot that 14 year old kid was insane and was not in control of his/her emotions to the point of needing either to be convicted of Murder or be permanently institutionalized in an insane asylum.

That is my opinion.

You don't kill a kid and snuff out the entire life and future of a human being that throws a damn freaking egg at a car - what sort of totally twisted, crazy, mindless crap is that?

Some may disagree but exactly the same sort of person that would shoot a kid for throwing an egg is the identical personality type of person that would lose control and shake a six month old baby to death for crying too much - or soiling its diaper or would beat a female half to death over something totally stupid. There is absolutely no difference in the personality type.
    None.

If you throw eggs at the wrong car/people- you could get shot.

If you slash some ones tires- you could get shot.

If you run your mouth off in an illadvised place- you could get shot.

If you break in to some ones house - you could get shot.

If you do something stupid- you could get shot.

These kids were stupid and were not raised right. They did not deserve to be shot, but such is life.

A 14-year-old boy who was throwing eggs at cars along with two other teenagers ... when an SUV that was struck chased them ... The vehicle stopped and several gunshots were fired
    Think of yourself on a Grand Jury presented with these basic facts: three young men (boys) egging cars; chased by armed man in car; shot/killed by man in car. It would take a lot for the guy in the car to get a bye from the GJ. Chased down and killed? For egging? He'd better pray he doesn't get caught.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Well, in Ohio the media still has access to the lists of CHL holders, so if they catch him and he has a CHL (which I would bet he doesn't) I"m sure they will raise all sorts of Cain. I love my pick-up truck and all, but I think shooting someone for egging it is unwarranted. I can't find anything saying where in the city this happenend, but that could shed some light on the story. He better hope he doesn't get caught though.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    I bet he doesn't egg cars anymore.
    He doesn't egg cars because he is dead.
    Road Rage. Probably a stolen car too. Kids don't always have the best judgment. Could have easily taken the kid to the police station. Would you shoot him? If so, I hope they take your license before you hurt someone. I am shocked at this cold response. This is a extremely bad shoot. End of story.
    Last edited by Bando; December 3rd, 2006 at 01:44 PM.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    You cannot blame the parents for this. The kids were probably good kids. I used to do stupid stuff and i'm sure you did too... it part of being a kid.

"SUV found" sounds like the car was stolen. If you can find the car you can find the owner. Sounds like this kid hit a SUV that had been stolen by some BG's that were armed.

Egging a car is no reason to be shot... maybe a rap on the jaw, but not shot.

I hope they catch the shooter and execute him.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Administrator
    I am positive that no Legal firearm carry person could perpetrate this on a 14 year old kid for tossing an egg.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by a_kayaker View Post
    "SUV found" sounds like the car was stolen. If you can find the car you can find the owner. Sounds like this kid hit a SUV that had been stolen by some BG's that were armed.
    Unless and until we hear something different (here's hoping we do not), I concur!

Tragic that the young man died. Yes, teens do stupid things (even forty-something-year-old teens sometimes). Yes, bad things can result from those stupid things.

I certainly wish this had had a different outcome.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    "You cannot blame the parents for this. The kids were probably good kids. I used to do stupid stuff and i'm sure you did too... it part of being a kid "

I disagree with you on all points. You CAN blame the parents (not for the shooting, of course). Good kids don't egg cars. I wasn't a saint, but I didn't go around commiting vandalism, which is what this is- the finish on a nice car can be ruined. Had I done such a thing, my father would have made me wish I was shot. I would at least be less painful, and over with quick. I here the same arequment that the taggers, who deface property, are just good kids. BS! I of course do not believe that egging was a sufficient reason for a shooting- the car can be repaired or replaced. I hope that it wasn't a CCW holder, and that they find the guy and put him under the jail. But I also won't defend the kid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links