Here in CA we are absolutely desparate. Please help.

This is a discussion on Here in CA we are absolutely desparate. Please help. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm sure most of you are aware that we are about to have our rights stripped by new legislation. Almost every bill that was proposed ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Here in CA we are absolutely desparate. Please help.

I'm sure most of you are aware that we are about to have our rights stripped by new legislation. Almost every bill that was proposed was passed, so we are relying on Gov Brown to veto.

Some of these bills include a new "assault weapons ban". This will make all of our centerfire rifles with detachable mags illegal to transfer. Basically once we die they are confiscated from our families and destroyed.

Here in CA we are fighting as hard as we can, but it's not enough. We need everyone we can get. Even if you don't live in CA, please contact Gov Brown and tell politely explain why he needs to veto these bills. If you'd like an easy way to spread the message, or want more information I have provided a video here . It's not the best, but it's what I can come up with. Please share it (or something like it) on every available social networking site. CALL TO ACTION: Stop SB 374 "Assault" Weapons Ban - YouTube

Gov Jerry Brown's Office: (916) 445-2841

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    You can`t beat the libertards,my advice is one word=MOVE!!!!.

Fight the good fight, my words shall join yours.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    We definitely wont be able to without help. Why should I have to move? I hear this response all of the time, but we all know if it starts here it will spread. Today it's my state and tomorrow it's yours "following the example".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScheisskopFTW View Post
    ...if it starts here it will spread. Today it's my state and tomorrow it's yours "following the example".
    Excellent point and one that each of us needs to take very seriously!
    Badey, ANGLICO and NavyAirdale like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Ill do the sign and message thing as you ask. Id still move. Cali is a lost cause. A few things have started there and spread. But this particular issue wont to a majority of free states in this nation. Ill help, but Id advise move and let the left coast fall into sea. No turning that state around and has not been for 20 years or more.

The population in Cali is ultra liberal and the politicians know they will get voted in by doing this sort of stupidity. Unlike a majority of the rest of the states. Its why some of us say move. Just dont move and vote like a typical Californian
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Ill do the sign and message thing as you ask. Id still move. Cali is a lost cause. A few things have started there and spread. But this particular issue wont to a majority of free states in this nation. Ill help, but Id advise move and let the left coast fall into sea. No turning that state around and has not been for 20 years or more.
    I agree that we are far down the hole, but I can't move so we need to take it back. CO has shown that even if it's unlikely you can still fight back and win.
    Pistology and Poorly like this.

I feel for California.Someone said "today it's my state,tomorrow it's yours".I don't know what the future brings,but i would really be shocked if my state did anything remotely close to what those idiot politicians are doing to the people of California,especially after PTR IND have setup shop,and inviting any of the other gun manufacturers to come to S.C.

I hope Brown doesn't sign it.

We have a West Coast in Florida, and we're gun-friendly. Unfortunately, California is getting worse by the day. Your only hope is a change of venue. Only you can decide if staying is worth the price of your freedom. Not me. Too many other great places to live in the US. Life's too short to live somewhere that sucks.
    Brent95, Hoganbeg and sixgun like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by ScheisskopFTW View Post
    We definitely wont be able to without help.
    Find a commiserating "angel" of wealth (ie, Bloomberg), but one who is prepared to fight (or at least fund) the good fight. Appeal to the honchos at SAF, GOA, NRA legal teams. Though, you might be surprised at the fights that already go on, on behalf of Californian citizens, in the 2A arena. Get in tight, heavily, with whatever state-based lobbying group(s) you have ... Calguns.net might point the way. In Oregon, for example, there's the Oregon Firearms Federation; and in Virginia, there's the Virginia Citizens' Defense League.

We "little" folk have got problems of our own, in our own states, just fighting off the gators in our own swamps. Finding a wealth angel of worth might be the best bet, beyond the tough national and state lobby groups.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    Amen - that whole state, well it's not polite to say what I' thinking but if I were you - move. And give that whole thing to Mexico.
    I don't understand how one state elects Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Frankenstein, Brown and I know I'm missing more than a few elects from the land of fruit and nuts. My only thought is - you guys elected them - you got to live with it. Only problem is they let these libitards escape from Cal. But to Californias' credit they did elect Ronald Reagan as Governor and the rest of the country made him President.
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

VIP Member
    I wish you the best of luck OP but with Jerry Brown as Gov. I doubt very much he's going to stand up for your gun rights.

What a shame your beautiful state has been co opted by Liberals. I completely understand you not wanting to move. It's easier said than done when you have jobs, friends and family in the state; not to mention the huge cost of selling your house in a down market.

The recall in CO is encouraging. Maybe it will spread to CA. Elections are coming in 2014.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Moonbeam will sign the legislation because he believes in it,only way to save your guns is before you die transfer them out of State to a relative.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Hopefully, California will serve as an example of how to make a state fail for the other states. I'm glad I left.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Call here: 1-800-Mayflower

Pack up and leave.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links