Any Independents out there?

This is a discussion on Any Independents out there? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am registered 'Independent" this keeps me from being able to vote in the primaries. Does this frustrate other independents? I don't want to tie ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Gav1230
  • 1 Post By oldskeetshooter
  • 1 Post By pgrass101

Thread: Any Independents out there?

I am registered 'Independent" this keeps me from being able to vote in the primaries. Does this frustrate other independents? I don't want to tie myself to either party, but can not see myself voting democrat any time soon, and feel like voting for an independent would be the same as not voting, and helping the dems by keeping a vote from going to the republican candidate. Do any other independents just feel like registering republican to feel like they helped the cause?

If every independent voted what they believed they could gain some traction. The problem is most end up voting for one of the two main parties because they think their vote won't count. Always vote your conscious.

I am a registered independent as well. I am sick of Partisanship dividing this country. Although my Dad is the same way, her registers Republican to vote in the primaries. I am still waiting for a decent independent candidate, but I'm not holding my breath. More frequently is that there is a big upsurge in RINOS (Republican in Name Only).
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gav1230 View Post
    If every independent voted what they believed they could gain some traction. The problem is most end up voting for one of the two main parties because they think their vote won't count. Always vote your conscious.
    I hear you, and always vote my conscious, but while we are trying to gain traction the country is going to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    I am a registered independent as well. I am sick of Partisanship dividing this country. Although my Dad is the same way, her registers Republican to vote in the primaries. I am still waiting for a decent independent candidate, but I'm not holding my breath. More frequently is that there is a big upsurge in RINOS (Republican in Name Only).
    Yeah, it is getting really frustrating. I wish a 'normal' person would be able to get the $ to run.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Maybe things have changed but i thought unless it involved gun rights or the 2a, discussing politics were against forum rules.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan060 View Post
    Maybe things have changed but i thought unless it involved gun rights or the 2a, discussing politics were against forum rules.
    We get away with it as long as everyone stay civilized and don't start getting heated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan060 View Post
    Sorry if I broke the rules, didn't mean to.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    A vote on "Principle" is never a wasted vote. If more folks voted "Principle" instead of party lines, IMHO we would be a lot better off.
    jscottjr likes this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Senior Moderator
    No politics, this thread is closed. It's just a matter of time before someone pushes it over the edge
    Manderinobyebye likes this.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Sponsored Links