Free shotguns for Florida residents!

This is a discussion on Free shotguns for Florida residents! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Found this interesting article... Gun group plans shotgun giveaway in Florida to stop crime Sep 25, 2013 A gun group is offering free shotguns to ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By WHEC724
  • 2 Post By NONAME762

Thread: Free shotguns for Florida residents!

Free shotguns for Florida residents!

Found this interesting article...

Gun group plans shotgun giveaway in Florida to stop crime
    Sep 25, 2013
    A gun group is offering free shotguns to residents in a central Florida neighborhood.

Member of the Armed Citizen Project say arming residents is a way to stop crime in the area. They've recently been handing out fliers in the Sunshine Gardens neighborhood near Orlando.

WESH-TV reports Florida program director Ron Ritter says his group hopes to work with gun manufacturers and dealers to provide free or discounted guns to homeowners. He says the effort is "perfectly legal."

But resident Robin McLaughlin tells the television station she's not interested. She has lived in the neighborhood for 25 years and sees no reason to arm residents.

2. Remove Ads

Intersting, Wasnt there another group like this, giving classes on firearm saftey, range time and background checks?
    Seems the "Arm every LAC" movement is gaining some steam, IMO every LAC should have access to firearms if they want to defend themselves effectively
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

VIP Member
    Hopefully training goes with those guns.
    IndianaSig likes this.

Heck, I HOPE that they make a deal with... Perazzi!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    It had better, for the liability of having providing the guns when someone uses them illegally surely will.

Apparently a Texas group did this earlier this year. Plus one on the training aspect. If anybody misuses one the MSM will be foaming at the mouth if they use it appropriately to defend themselves and their families the crickets will be deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by knight65 View Post
    Found this interesting article...

Gun group plans shotgun giveaway in Florida to stop crime
    Sep 25, 2013
    A gun group is offering free shotguns to residents in a central Florida neighborhood.

But resident Robin McLaughlin tells the television station she's not interested. She has lived in the neighborhood for 25 years and sees no reason to arm residents.
    She'll no doubt change her tune the first time she is burglarized or invaded by thugs. Pretty stupid of her to tell that to a news station. I'm sure the station will run the out of her statement.
    pittypat21 and tdave like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    She'll no doubt change her tune the first time she is burglarized or invaded by thugs. Pretty stupid of her to tell that to a news station. I'm sure the station will run the out of her statement.
    I've seen a number of cases where women didn't want a gun in the home, but their husband insisted. They were then very happy one day when they were able to defend themselves. Some need to learn the hard way. The rest of us are already prepared to defend ourselves.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Links