Caught: NY Gun Owner Set Up Camera after Pro 2nd Amendment Sign Kept Getting Stolen

Caught: NY Gun Owner Set Up Camera after Pro 2nd Amendment Sign Kept Getting Stolen

This is a discussion on Caught: NY Gun Owner Set Up Camera after Pro 2nd Amendment Sign Kept Getting Stolen within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Caught: This NY Gun Owner Set Up a Camera After His Pro 2nd Amendment Sign Kept Getting Stolen - September 23, 2013 by Jonathan S ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Caught: NY Gun Owner Set Up Camera after Pro 2nd Amendment Sign Kept Getting Stolen

Caught: This NY Gun Owner Set Up a Camera After His Pro 2nd Amendment Sign Kept Getting Stolen -
    September 23, 2013 by Jonathan S

A user on NYfirearms.com was fed up with having his sign taken down. The sign advocated the repeal of the NY SAFE Act, which was one of the strictest gun laws to date and a major infringement on 2nd amendment rights.

After having his sign taken for the 4th or 5th time he decided to set up a trail cam or a deer cam to try to catch the thief in the act, and so he could report it to the authorities. Much to his surprise this is what he found.

See more at: Caught: This NY Gun Owner Set Up a Camera After His Pro 2nd Amendment Sign Kept Getting Stolen

This-NY-gun-owner-was-sick-of-having-his-2nd-amendment-sign-taken-so-he-set-up-a-hidden-camera-a.jpg

cop-taking-the-sign-away.jpg
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    This is like the third post on this video. Just saying.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Rather than the “authorities” if I could find any news media with enough guts to report it they would be getting a copy to publish.
    Sister likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Man he is so busted and I would try to get this to the media or if nothing else the local newspaper.
    Sister likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Doesn't sound like it has reputable links since my Ghostery plugin stopped me from going to the link.

New York is nothing but a commie police state.

If as reported ...

What, the establishment disapproving of protests, even on private property? The leveraging of the enforcers to implement it as policy? Say it ain't so!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'd lawyer up...theft is illegal even if done by police. And the squelching of his 1st Amendment Rights by Police is a Federal offense not to be taken lightly. To me, this is an epic fail opportunity that could land the officer and potentially the department (if he was directed to do so) in a bunch of hot water.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

First time poster, gun owner

Hello,

First time poster here. This is the perfect opportunity to remind the police that there is a constitution and they are depriving you of your first amendment right, not to mention stealing property.

Looks like serving and protecting to me ...
    1 old 0311 and knight65 like this.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I'd like to see more on this story as it develops. I hope the guy has the cajone's to see it through.

If that sign is legally posted, i.e. not in violation of any city or other ordinance, then the police have openly stepped on his 1A rights. He just had a lawsuit -- at least the suit, maybe not any award from one -- handed to him.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

The police only have the authority to write him a ticket or give him a warning. The removal of the sign requires due process or it is theft and the officer should be charged.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "Don't make me assume my ultimate form!"

Assuming the police are in the wrong here, this is just another example of the SOP of do first, apologize later. How many times do we hear of false arrests or entering the wrong residence and the citizen has to sue before any wrongdoing is admitted by the police. No offense to all you LEOs here, I realize you are following orders and it is the responsibility of the decision makers to bear the burden in most cases. However, if this officer is acting on his own, he needs a serious lesson in civics.

I would put it out if i had pics or a video,especially if it's on private property.

In a town here, a guy put up a sign ....... anti the Mayor, saying he was inept, etc. The police took the sign down a few times, and he put one back up again. Then, they arrested him.... for some obscure law about any signs that are "abusive" in nature.
    They thought he would quietly shut up and that would be that. He was threatened there would be additional charges if any more signs went up. THEN>>>>> it hit the news. The "outrage" by citizens was ... well outstanding and purely amazing. Not only were people yelling and protesting these actions in his town, but allllllll over .... and it even got brought to the AG and Gov of the State. Anyway, the "complaints " and "reason" for having the sign up, were also published in all of the news.... which even made residents even madder when they realized all of the things the Mayor was pulling..... let alone using the Police as his "enforcers".

Charges were dropped, because the law could not be applied to anything he had done...... and the Mayor, is no longer the Mayor....... the things he was doing was "investigated" as well, and .... the Police was admonished for their behavior to say the least.

Amazing, how things go when it hits the News.

I'ld say the people of that town need to know what their police officers are doing...... and it's time it hit the news.
    Tzadik, Sister, Betty and 5 others like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links