Please support either the NRA or GOA or both. Our only hope..

This is a discussion on Please support either the NRA or GOA or both. Our only hope.. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA-ILA | Obama Administration Signs United Nations Arms Trade Treaty...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Manderinobyebye
  • 1 Post By FLMOPE
  • 4 Post By OutWestSystems
  • 2 Post By rammerjammer

Thread: Please support either the NRA or GOA or both. Our only hope..

The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

VIP Member
    I've given memberships to so many family members that someone will need to get pregnant so I can sign a new person up.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I just renewed mine.I've been a member for a few yrs now.It's not just for gun rights.The NRAWOMEN has got bigger and they are starting to add some pretty interesting things to their website.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

With all due respect this is a non issue. The treaty is dead on arrival in the Senate. If by some strange happening it got the super majority to be ratified it would be struck down at the first court challenge.
    IndianaSig likes this.
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    The NRA and GOA is not our only hope, that hope would be voting for people that will support our gun rights. The NRA does not elect our representatives, WE DO.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    The NRA and GOA is not our only hope, that hope would be voting for people that will support our gun rights. The NRA does not elect our representatives, WE DO.
    I agree with this statement as well as the call for continued support for gun rights orgs such as the NRA and GOA. They do good work overall disseminating information and lobbying elected officials.

The one thing they cannot do is win this long term culture battle. That is up to us ultimately. The target audience for both us and the antis is the large group of people that view gun rights or gun control as a low priority issue. It is usually low priority because these folks do not own firearms, are not reflexively hard care anti, and just don't think about it because they are so wrapped up in their own daily routines.

The antis approach is simple. Bully them when they are likely to be most vulnerable to such an tactic and demonize firearms owners to marginalize us in the target audiences' eyes. The bully tactic is waiving the bloody shirt in the wake of an incident, saying you must want children to die if you do not agree with us. It is emotionally manipulative, but it is the strongest tactic the antis have, feeding off the emotions and the audiences' unfamiliarity (and potential irrational fear) regarding firearms. The demonization works only if the audience does not know any firearms owners or firearms owners actually live up to the caricature. It falls flat when the audience knows actual firearm owner(s) who are everyday people just like the target audience.

Our pitch is that we are everyday people who have made a rational decision to take responsibility for our own safety and our family's safety. Most know the cops cannot be everywhere and need time to respond, but because we all get wrapped up in daily life, some need a gentile reminder that no community is 100% safe. Being safe, logical, and honest firearm owners is how we win over fence sitters so next time a theater or school shooting occur, polls do not register a temporary pick up in support for gun control laws.

In explaining your rational, if you site the Constitution, historical context makes a huge difference. For example, the militias were the citizenry. Farmers, smiths, and others picked up their rifles when called. They didn't have time to train and drill like the National Guard does today. The rifles themselves were the equivalent of the British Army. Because the founders lived through oppression, they knew personally that they would write those first amendments to try to prevent others from going through what they had to endure.
    Kahr CW380, Kahr P9, Walther P99AS

Quote Originally Posted by FLMOPE View Post
    With all due respect this is a non issue. The treaty is dead on arrival in the Senate. If by some strange happening it got the super majority to be ratified it would be struck down at the first court challenge.
    You won't have much luck getting this message through to the masses here. Ask me how I know this......

I am a member of the NRA myself.We need all the help we can get.It may do nothing so far as the treaty,but will stay an NRA member.

Is there a way to make anonymous donations to the NRA in an easy manner?

I support the NRA but don't want to pay for all the junk mail that is sure to come my way after signing up.
    Cheesewiz and Oldpsufan like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Ex Member
    I support both. We need all the help we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Please support either the NRA or GOA or both.

Let's not forget the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) as well. They've been behind several of the great wins in the past few years.

SAF, GOA, NRA, JPFO, and great regional groups like VCDL, OFF (OR Firearms Federation) and others.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Just sent in my first installment payment for my lifetime membership to the NRA last week.

Sponsored Links