Maryland fights new gun law

This is a discussion on Maryland fights new gun law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun-rights activists sue Maryland to block new firearms law | Fox News I hope they can successfully fight this but my confidence is not very ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By welder516
  • 1 Post By squid86
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By lionround
  • 1 Post By Stoveman

Thread: Maryland fights new gun law

Maryland fights new gun law

Gun-rights activists sue Maryland to block new firearms law | Fox News

I hope they can successfully fight this but my confidence is not very high.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I live in this one party state and believe me its no Party . Very lttle chance it will get reversed sad to say .

Just a few months ago we almost had a "Shall Issue" permit system and now it is back to "May Issue" unless a whole different polictical party gets in there won't be any good news here for awhile.

Just remember the Name : Martin O'Malley he wants to run for higher office please do not vote for him if you want your 2A rights . He has been telling us in Maryland what is good for us.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    good luck to them, but i doubt it will happen. still rooting for them though. i live literally 5 minutes from maryland border and i still make the longer trip to stores just to stay in PA.
    welder516 likes this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

VIP Member
    I live in Maryland and if i lived near another state's border i would buy out of state all my food,gas,and daily goods . But i live in the middle of it all . Maryland Government knows exactly what the citizen need they are smarter then a 5th grader .
    This post is still relating to 2A rights
    Last edited by welder516; September 27th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    I live in Maryland and if i lived near another state's border i would by out of state all my food,gas,and daily goods . But i live in the middle of it all . Maryland Government knows exactly what the citizen need they are smarter then a 5th grader .
    This post is still relating to 2A rights
    I hear ya Welder... If I lived close to Oregon or Idaho I'd do some of my shopping in the cheaper state just as a silent protest. Case in point I was buying a local beer Rainier, made in Seattle WA) while in Idaho 22 years ago. I was sure the cashier had made a boo boo. She hadn't and I ended up buying 2 half cases for what 1 12 pack would have cost in WA. The last time I was in Idaho gas, beer/spirits and smokes were WAY cheaper in Idaho.

TBT I live 60 miles thereabouts from Vancouver BC but I REFUSE to go there. It's Canada for crying out loud and I ain't shelling out for a US Passport just to go to 'Pigs in A Blanket' Heaven!! Pigs in A Blanket are EVERYWHERE in Canada, mom and pop quik marts, 7-11's and grocery stores. In America no one knows what the heck you're going on about.

At least I live in a RED COUNTY. Funny thing is when I came up here in 1975 the VA guy at the college told me 12 THOUSAND VETS lived here. HUA Made me all warm and fuzzy hearing that. Plus most everyone I know here is a 2A guy or gal.
    welder516 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

i sure hope it works out for the maryland folks. if i could vote and help those guys out i would.

Yeah I wonder if Maryland has mail in ballots like where I live or those rigged voting machines that allow dead folks, felons and NON citizens to cast their vote once, twice and thrice??
    lionround likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Yeah I wonder if Maryland has mail in ballots like where I live or those rigged voting machines that allow dead folks, felons and NON citizens to cast their vote once, twice and thrice??
    I just love it when someone uses the word "thrice" correctly. It makes me think that maybe, just maybe, the English language is not dead. Wazzup?
    Tzadik likes this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    A link to the actual complaint

http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/le...al_Lawsuit.pdf

Lots of references to Heller......

It nothing else it made me smile to see

Martin J. O'Malley

Defendant

It also names our current AG, who also happens to be running for Governor...

Glad to see it, and I sent in a donation to help the cause.

Interesting stuff. The NRA will be filing suit after 10/1 as well.

VIP Member
    Lots of machinations here lately as well..... On Tuesday the MSP issued a statement that because of the demand that any purchase before Oct 1 will not have to be subject to a HQL License...previously the AG stated in an opinion that they would.....

The new law requires 16 hours of training and live fire (ala Illinois) for the CCW permits that they do issue...

Speculation is that the MSP wanted this in place because they fear that the "Good and Substantial Reason" will be overturned in the Woolard case if/when SCOTUS takes it.....

Because of the MSP ruling I put money down on a M&P 9 this afternoon.......pick up date of 10/8
    welder516 likes this.

Links