Guns, Politics, and More Record Sales

This is a discussion on Guns, Politics, and More Record Sales within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Md. gun-control law sparks record gun sales - Yahoo Finance...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Guns, Politics, and More Record Sales

VIP Member

Guns, Politics, and More Record Sales

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Assuming we could get inventory, I really wish my family was still in the gun business. We closed our last store in 1998 and have mostly missed this buying bonanza.

I have bought more than ever lately with the mindset of "what will I not be able to get later". It is sad and pathetic, but it is real.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

"There's never been this kind of increase," said state police spokesman Greg Shipley, who added that people have been applying for gun purchases at the rate of about 1,000 a day over the past two weeks.
    Nothing makes somebody want something more than when you tell them they will no longer be able to get it.
    BigJon10125 and squid86 like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    In one way these gun banners are our allies without realizing it. Every time that they push for more gun controls we get new converts. Since December last year look how many first time gun owners there are, look at how many new NRA members that we have. Sure, we have to always be on guard and fight all anti 2A proposals like hell, but we usually gain new pro-gun allies.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    So sick of this liberal bull. Glad I don't live in MD, but I can spit there from my house. Feel bad for all the people that are loosing their rights because some people think its better for them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

VIP Member
    The article states that the last two weeks have had 1,000 sales a day of regulated firearms (handguns and "assault" rifles) but it's got to be more than that. The LGS that I frequent has been selling almost 200 a day themselves. They actually ordered more after last Tuesday when the MSP announced that they would not be enforcing the handgun license requirements for those that couldn't pick up before Oct 1. They actually had quite a good selection yesterday with more coming in.

This week coming up will be interesting, the ruling on the injunction on Tuesday and the expected filing of a lawsuit by the NRA and possibly others....

In the words of Uncle Si - It's on like Donkey Kong........

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Nothing makes somebody want something more than when you tell them they will no longer be able to get it.
    Well, it's hard to ignore repeated kicks to the head along with a complicit courts system that allows infringements galore. Even the most died-in-the-wool ostrich type gun owner is realizing these tyrants can forcibly take it all away at a whim. Not a bad thing, to have millions more realizing that the would-be emperors have no clothes on.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Well, it's hard to ignore repeated kicks to the head along with a complicit courts system that allows infringements galore. Even the most died-in-the-wool ostrich type gun owner is realizing these tyrants can forcibly take it all away at a whim. Not a bad thing, to have millions more realizing that the would-be emperors have no clothes on.
    Agree with 99 percent of that. Forcibly taking it away will take quite a bit more than a whim though. I submit it cant be done on a national level but I digress. Carry on.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Strange how they point to CT saying they have the same law in effect and that in turn gives them lower crime rates but in the same article point out the newtown shooting. Doesnt really make any sense to me, kind of counter productive to their argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Agree with 99 percent of that. Forcibly taking it away will take quite a bit more than a whim though. I submit it cant be done on a national level but I digress. Carry on.
    Any of the infringements is, effectively, done at the point of a gun. Folks are felons, once accused by such crap, taken away forcibly, and convicted of the charges, with all arms taken and all future right to arms stripped by them. Happens every day ... one by one. Granted, nearly all of it occurs with folks stepping onto the wrong side of the law (ie, robberies, other situations justifying search of cars or homes, whatever). But, with any given single person getting stripped of it, it's child's play. Just supply enough muscle at the time, and that person gets stripped.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links