Overt Anti Gun Bias visible in news article on Iphone AP

This is a discussion on Overt Anti Gun Bias visible in news article on Iphone AP within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I caught this yesterday but could not post from my Iphone for some reason....... So I am on the Fox News Ap and I saw ...

Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By lordofwyr
  • 2 Post By BugDude
  • 4 Post By frankmako
  • 4 Post By wyoung
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By sigs
  • 1 Post By nedrgr21
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 4 Post By Jeanlouise

Thread: Overt Anti Gun Bias visible in news article on Iphone AP

I caught this yesterday but could not post from my Iphone for some reason.......

So I am on the Fox News Ap and I saw the news article that Mike 1956 posted : Thread: Guns, Politics, and More Record Sales - Md. gun-control law sparks record gun sales - Yahoo Finance

But on the Iphone Ap, it opens to a contracted screen and thumbnail of the photo......and in that very small thumbnail, the pic looks nothing like the expanded photo.....so I did a screen shot and expanded it.

fox1.jpgfox2.jpgfox3.jpg

So why would a subliminal of what looks like Jihadis firing the dreaded "Assault Weapons" be thumbnailed for that pic??? All I can figure is that it is some of that wonderful subliminal advertising and conditioning that is NOT supposed to be used on Americans with a strong Anti-Gun bias........

Or have I just gone full Conspiracy Theorist????

I prefer to think that the incident was intentional....your thoughts???

tony1990 likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

As a card carrying tinfoil hat club member....unfortunately, I'm not surprised.
    lordofwyr and tony1990 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

the plan is to keep hitting the low information voter with incorrect information about guns. this way it be easy to control all our gun 10 to 20 years down the road. they know they can not do it now. they know they will have to work slow to get all in place. just look what happen in the schools and is happening now concerning american history. find a school history book to see how bad this country was to all others peoples/nations.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    the plan is to keep hitting the low information voter with incorrect information about guns. this way it be easy to control all our gun 10 to 20 years down the road. they know they can not do it now. they know they will have to work slow to get all in place. just look what happen in the schools and is happening now concerning american history. find a school history book to see how bad this country was to all others peoples/nations.
    And unfortunately the "low information voter(s)" outnumber the rest of us.

VIP Member
    It is possible the web person linked the wrong file when doing the mobile version of the site. Sometimes the person who does the desktop site is not the same person who does the mobile site, and they're doing it at the same time to make deadline, and so one isn't able to just copy/paste some of the code from the other's file. They probably have a lot of files with "gun" in the name or maybe they linked to the wrong sub folder when image hunting, and its quite possible they linked the wrong file. I've done that before. If they're on super right deadlines working at warp speed, it happens. Maybe they were also working off a template (maybe an older article they used as the basis for layout) and they forgot to change the file name of the thumb.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I was thinking along the same lines as Betty. This is not necessarily as much a conspiracy as it is a disassociated regurgitation if misinformation by uninformed media employees. The individual who attached the photo was probably rushing their job, attached a file pic labeled "gun" or "assault rifle", and didn't know or didn't care.

Yes, Fox editors ought to be upset by the shoddy work which depicts lawful MD residents and US citizens as Syrian rebels, or some other Middle Eastern guerrilla fighter. It probably isn't an anti 2A plot.

I have a hard time believing this was simply an unintentional mistake by an editor.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

I call Bravo Sierra on this so called media mistake.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    I dunno. That thumbnail could definitely be from somewhere in Baltimore. Probably just outside a "gun free zone".
    lordofwyr likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I don't recall seeing that picture with the related article on my droid phone. But I do often see the wrong pictures attached to the wrong article that obviously has nothing to do with any political issue, believe it's a technical thing. Don't really think FOX would intentionally mislead on that issue. I watch them pretty much exclusively just because I will see the news no one else will report.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

At best, it's indicative of the level of professionalism of today's "journalists"; at worst, an attempt at subliminal messaging. However, with all the codewords used today like "youths" for gangmembers, etc I'm not inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

It is possible the web person linked the wrong file when doing the mobile version of the site. Sometimes the person who does the desktop site is not the same person who does the mobile site, and they're doing it at the same time to make deadline, and so one isn't able to just copy/paste some of the code from the other's file. They probably have a lot of files with "gun" in the name
    This is not necessarily as much a conspiracy as it is a disassociated regurgitation if misinformation by uninformed media employees. The individual who attached the photo was probably rushing their job, attached a file pic labeled "gun" or "assault rifle", and didn't know or didn't care.
    I see. So these are "low information" employees. Whose regurgitation is absorbed by the non-critical readers out there - now that just puts my mind at ease.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I see. So these are "low information" employees. Whose regurgitation is absorbed by the non-critical readers out there - now that just puts my mind at ease.
    Hey, it's worked for the current administration, so why should anyone else bother with truth and accuracy?

Subliminal? Don't bother. Any ridiculous proclamation is lapped up with relish and vehemently defended.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Sponsor
    It's no coincidence that our wonderful Resident in Chief has allowed for the use of propaganda on U.S. citizens again.
    Last edited by luvmy40; September 30th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

This isn't isolated, y'know:

GRPC wraps as NH newspaper headline resembles gun control playbook tip

The 28th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference in Houston is history, and it closed with no small amount of irony….

GRPC wraps as NH newspaper headline resembles gun control playbook tip - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Links