Federal Bill HB3199 - Repeal Ban On Armed Servicemen

This is a discussion on Federal Bill HB3199 - Repeal Ban On Armed Servicemen within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Folks, this is a very important bill that needs the support of everyone. The bill repeals the Clinton era ban on servicemen armed on base. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Federal Bill HB3199 - Repeal Ban On Armed Servicemen

Federal Bill HB3199 - Repeal Ban On Armed Servicemen

Folks, this is a very important bill that needs the support of everyone. The bill repeals the Clinton era ban on servicemen armed on base.

Had this repeal happened sooner Ft. Hood and the DC Navy yard shootings might have been stopped, or at least would not have been as bad.

Get on the phone, email or write your representatives and get them to jump on board and co-sponsor this.

Proposed Federal Gun Legislation HB3199 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    ArmyCop and gatorbait51 like this.
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    Thanks for the link and heads up
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    You might not realize this but personal firearms were not allowed to be carried on bases long before Clinton. We had to check them in and out of the armory if we were going to go shooting. You were not allowed to have them in base housing or in your vehicle.

Also I am not really in favor of that bill. I think NCOs should be allowed to qualify and carry a service handgun. That would help protect the troops under them.
    dukalmighty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    You might not realize this but personal firearms were not allowed to be carried on bases long before Clinton. We had to check them in and out of the armory if we were going to go shooting. You were not allowed to have them in base housing or in your vehicle.

Also I am not really in favor of that bill. I think NCOs should be allowed to qualify and carry a service handgun. That would help protect the troops under them.
    Folks realize that. They just like to forget about it and place blame on Clinton.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Folks realize that. They just like to forget about it and place blame on Clinton.
    I thought it was all Bush's fault.

(Just messin')
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

I remember I could not carry on base and at that time Nixon was president. Should we blame him?
    pittypat21 likes this.

The bill being proposed is for a repeal prohibitions against "all firearms trained" active duty personnel. That would have done nothing to help or mitigate the Navy Yard Shooting, as the military personnel assigned to NAVSEA probably would not have been firearms qualified, and thus not authorized to carry regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    The bill being proposed is for a repeal prohibitions against "all firearms trained" active duty personnel. That would have done nothing to help or mitigate the Navy Yard Shooting, as the military personnel assigned to NAVSEA probably would not have been firearms qualified, and thus not authorized to carry regardless.
    Well, if there were any Marines there, Marines are always firearms qualified. Of course that's for rifle, and I'm not sure how that'd affect pistol carry.

But I see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    I remember I could not carry on base and at that time Nixon was president. Should we blame him?
    Well it was obviously his fault then.
    tdave, msgt/ret and gatorbait51 like this.

Sponsor
    Bush Sr.

Department of Defense directive 5210.56, was issued on February 25, 1992.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a272176.pdf

People are referencing Army Regulation 190-14 issued under Clinton, but 5210.56 was issued first.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r190_14.pdf
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member
    I was in in 1966,67,68,69 and in country we carried everywhere. Stateside we were not allowed to carry and my hunting rifles were allowed in our on base housing but not in the barracks. Made sense to me we had beer machines in the barracks.

Lets remember life is dangerous. You can not have perfect protection 100% of the time. Hell trees fall on people in their bedroom should we build all houses to take an impact of a cessna aircraft?

Death is a thing that happens. you can not stop a person willing to give their life in a suicide mission regardless of how you prepare. Guns are the in thing right now soon Bombs and then poison will makie their way to the US. We have plenty of laws protecting people on a military base what we don't have is competent people enforcing those laws. Lowest bidding contractor does the background check on people with a secret clearance????? To many people have access to individual buildings why????? fIX the existing system not pass another law. Turn in the crazy Muslim Major instead of promoting him and looking the other way. Do a proper background and take the CAC card away from people with criminal backgrounds or mental issues.

We have gotten lazy in the military we allow others to do our work leaving us with improperly repaired vehicles poor products and unsafe security clearances.

Sorry rant over.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Bush Sr.

Department of Defense directive 5210.56, was issued on February 25, 1992.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a272176.pdf

People are referencing Army Regulation 190-14 issued under Clinton, but 5210.56 was issued first.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r190_14.pdf
    I enlisted in 1968 during the reign of lyndon johnson; private guns were prohibited on base even then thus predating Tricky Dickey.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    I understand what you are saying. Maybe, however, there should be trained and capable people who carry at all the bases. I have always found it asinine that our military would have to go ask permission to get a gun if our bases were attacked. Well Ft. Hood & NAVSEA were limited attacks and our people had no guns. I say train em up and arm em up.
    phreddy and gatorbait51 like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    You can not stop a person willing to give their life in a suicide mission regardless of how you prepare.
    You might not be able to stop them from getting the first one or two, but they should not be able to stack em up like cord wood.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Well, if there were any Marines there, Marines are always firearms qualified. Of course that's for rifle, and I'm not sure how that'd affect pistol carry.

But I see your point.
    Semper Fi.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links