High School Girl Allowed to wear NRA shirt.

This is a discussion on High School Girl Allowed to wear NRA shirt. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The first sentence could be misinterpreted. lol ANAHEIM HILLS (CBSLA.com) — A high school principal has apologized for forcing a 16-year-old student to remove her ...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By Boyntonstu
  • 6 Post By high pockets
  • 3 Post By oneshot
  • 2 Post By manolito
  • 1 Post By multistage
  • 1 Post By noway2
  • 1 Post By BugDude
  • 1 Post By shooter380
  • 1 Post By Warrior1256

Thread: High School Girl Allowed to wear NRA shirt.

Thumbs up High School Girl Allowed to wear NRA shirt.

The first sentence could be misinterpreted. lol

ANAHEIM HILLS (CBSLA.com) — A high school principal has apologized for forcing a 16-year-old student to remove her National Rifle Association shirt last month.

Haley Bullwinkle, a sophomore at Canyon High School, said she was asked to change or face suspension because her T-shirt, which featured a buck, an American flag, and a hunter’s silhouette, violated the school’s dress code and promoted gun violence.

Bullwinkle’s father, Jed, emailed the school’s principal, Kimberly Fricker, about the situation.

Fricker responded saying that the gun on the shirt wasn’t allowed.

The principal, however, had a change of heart on Thursday. Bullwinke’s mother, Stephanie, said Fricker called her and said the teen can wear her shirt.

“She was very, very apologetic. She said they’re definitely going to be talking to the staff, training their staff on what is appropriate conduct and what is not. And that (Haley) can wear the shirt, so very happy. It was nice to hear from her,” said Stephanie.

“I feel a bit proud, actually, that I stood up for my rights, and I feel very happy at the outcome,” Bullwinkle said.
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/...e-nra-t-shirt/
    Last edited by Boyntonstu; October 5th, 2013 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Forgot link
    BugDude likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I think the following quote from the original article went a long way to change the principal's mind.

The girl’s father, who has retained an attorney, now wants to know how the school defines violence. He said the drill team is allowed to twirl fake rifles and the mascot is a Comanche.
    niks, Warrior1256, Betty and 3 others like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Unfortunately the youth indoctrination centers throughout the country are infiltrated with these liberal, Marxist fools who cannot reason and think for themselves.

Every one of them should be selling apples on a street corner somewhere.
    Mr B, nechaev and tony1990 like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

The wife and I were laughing yesterday about this. Just think of the Father. He has grown up with the last name of a cartoon character. Now if there was ever a fighter this guy has to be it. Just imagine junior high with that last name. You had to fight.

I would love to see a video of how that conversation went with the school superintenant and the attorney for the Bullwinkles.

Goo job Family Bullwinkle
    BugDude and Betty like this.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Unfortunately the youth indoctrination centers throughout the country are infiltrated with these liberal, Marxist fools who cannot reason and think for themselves.

I believe the correct (PC) term now is "Progressive" They are progressively becoming more intolerant and stupid.
    Hope that clears things up for ya

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    The wife and I were laughing yesterday about this. Just think of the Father. He has grown up with the last name of a cartoon character. Now if there was ever a fighter this guy has to be it. Just imagine junior high with that last name. You had to fight.

I would love to see a video of how that conversation went with the school superintenant and the attorney for the Bullwinkles.

You are right about that. Rest assured, my last name is much, much worse.
    manolito likes this.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    I believe the correct (PC) term now is "Progressive" They are progressively becoming more intolerant and stupid.
    Hope that clears things up for ya
    The heck with PC. I go with liberal, Marxists. PC, to a large degree is what has gotten us into this mess as it allows the wolf to say he is a sheep and the sheep are too timid to bleat "No you are not."
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    The heck with PC. I go with liberal, (snip)
    It has been my experience that the ones that are truly problematic, as in wish to use .gov to push their agenda, typically refer to themselves as Progressives. People who consider or call themselves Liberal tend to be a lot more libertarian in philosophy and differ from Libertarians (big L) in that they believe that .gov is necessary to ensure certain freedoms. Many Liberals support gun rights, which they see as being part of protecting all of our rights, whereas Progressives do not.
    Mike1956 likes this.

Seems the Principal is the one that got taken to school in this situation. +1
    manolito likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post

And the principal's name was Fricker?
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    And the principal's name was Fricker?
    But she goes by "Rocky"
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

AT least they (the school system) came to their senses (or at least backed down) this time.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    (2Co 11:3 KJV) But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    When you threaten to bring an attorney in on the situation sometimes these things turn around fast.
    Doghandler likes this.

Ex Member
    Bravo little one.

Excellent example of someone who give libtards way too much credit!

Ok, seriously, in all the endless "What do I do if I win the lottery?" threads, this is what you spend your lottery winnings should do: Totally destroy the careers and lives of morons like this in positions of power who have the brain/thinking capacity of a forking ant.

Selling apples on the street corner, really? I'd make them wish they could sell apples on the corner when I (actually my lawyers and private investigators) got done with them.

I am getting so tired of this crap.

Links