Felt kinda strange today, restaurant carry.

This is a discussion on Felt kinda strange today, restaurant carry. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After so many years being forced to disarm prior to entering a restaurant that serves alcohol it was a nice feeling to not have to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Felt kinda strange today, restaurant carry.

VIP Member

Felt kinda strange today, restaurant carry.

After so many years being forced to disarm prior to entering a restaurant that serves alcohol it was a nice feeling to not have to remove my weapon just to have a meal. Thanks to GRNC for getting restaurant carry passed.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    After so many years being forced to disarm prior to entering a restaurant that serves alcohol it was a nice feeling to not have to remove my weapon just to have a meal. Thanks to GRNC for getting restaurant carry passed.
    Felt just right to me considering it was the end of a day that started out with a legal firearm in the vehicle on educational property.

I have to say though, it wasn't just GRNC. There were a bunch of folks that are not affiliated with them in any way that did their share. It was a good group effort.
    msgt/ret and scottync like this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Now we're going to face the uphill battle of the restaurants that decide to post. GRNC has started an active campaign against those that do. Eventually when the streets don't flow with blood and we don't have shootouts at Applebees, signs will come down, but we should also work to encourage them to come down or not go up in the first place.

Now when we visit family in NC, I can do what I've been doing in Virginia and Florida for years: Go out to eat with my family without the hassle of "do they serve or not, and if they do going back out to the car, etc." I never could figure out why OTHER people sitting in a place drinking should impact my right to carry my firearm on my person in said place. I'm glad NC finally figured it out and got it right.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Can someone from NC send some common sense up to MD.

Good for NC
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Amazing how the mundane and commonplace can seem strange and "fringe" once we've been divested of rights for so long. Words of warning to folks who consider these infringements nothing to be worried about.

Kudos to the NC citizens for pushing for change we can all believe in ... like, following the constitution. What a concept.
    gatorbait51 and BugDude like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post

Good for NC
    It won't take...it's too close to DC.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post

Good for NC
    It won't take...it's too close to DC.
    Are the folks there actually amenable to acting constitutionally, these days? Too many uber-control transplants living in the DC side of the state, methinks. Too much gravy sloshin' off the train, methinks.

Fatti Maschil, Parole Feminine. Time for them to start remembering where they come from. They've been on "parole" too long, up there.
    Stoveman and gatorbait51 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Are the folks there actually amenable to acting constitutionally, these days? Too many uber-control transplants living in the DC side of the state, methinks. Too much gravy sloshin' off the train, methinks.

Fatti Maschil, Parole Feminine. Time for them to start remembering where they come from. They've been on "parole" too long, up there.
    If i look at it honestly i think the answer is "NO" The Government here is locked up .
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Now we're going to face the uphill battle of the restaurants that decide to post. GRNC has started an active campaign against those that do. Eventually when the streets don't flow with blood and we don't have shootouts at Applebees, signs will come down, but we should also work to encourage them to come down or not go up in the first place.
    GRNC does have some nice pre-printed cards to hand out to anti-gun establishments and to report them to the Dangerous Restaurant list. I have already ordered a supply myself.

GRNC High Risk Restaurant Cards - $3.00 : GRNC Shop, GRNC Shop
    oneshot and gatorbait51 like this.

Walked around downtown Charlotte, ate at a nice little restaurant for brunch, was quite the free feeling!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    One of the best ways to do it is to use a social event. Start the process of booking the back room, the food, etc, be serious and willing to follow through. After talking about the price, note the gun-buster sign and state since many of the guests carry that you'll have to find a diferent place.

Money talks.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Is this for all person or just Resident so if someone has a non state ccw can they now carry in bars or is there some future limits on where in the bar they can carry etc?

Heck check out Montana you can only open carry if they seve booze . Which is fun to realized when you dont have a owb holster with you ..Yeah that was the weird thing about NC the no booze thing . If you don't drink what is the problem ?? What some drunk going to grab your gun ?I know in AZ you can only carry in bar etc if A. it is not posted and B. have a carry permit ( odd for a state where you don't need one to carry.)
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Kind of an eerie feeling when the powers that be in politics starts to make sense and something that should have been OK all along but wasn't finally is!

It would be nice to have everything work right the first time around instead of all the touchy feel good bull crap that gets shoved around.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Is this for all person or just Resident so if someone has a non state ccw can they now carry in bars or is there some future limits on where in the bar they can carry etc?

Heck check out Montana you can only open carry if they seve booze . Which is fun to realized when you dont have a owb holster with you ..Yeah that was the weird thing about NC the no booze thing . If you don't drink what is the problem ?? What some drunk going to grab your gun ?I know in AZ you can only carry in bar etc if A. it is not posted and B. have a carry permit ( odd for a state where you don't need one to carry.)
    Carrying with an out of state requires you to obey our laws as if you are a resident.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/northcarolina.pdf
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links