Washington St Gun Control Group Pushing For UBC

This is a discussion on Washington St Gun Control Group Pushing For UBC within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I only wonder if something like this passes where ever it may be,does it open the door for more gun control?Hopefully not. Washington State gun ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm
  • 4 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 3 Post By Brent95
  • 1 Post By Happypuppy
  • 3 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 2 Post By blitzburgh

Thread: Washington St Gun Control Group Pushing For UBC

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar

Washington St Gun Control Group Pushing For UBC

I only wonder if something like this passes where ever it may be,does it open the door for more gun control?Hopefully not.

Washington State gun control advocates reach milestone for background check initiative (VIDEO)

2. Remove Ads

As though a violent felon is going to feel magically compelled to do a background check for that back-alley purchase he's making, just because hirelings waggle yet another criminalization against him. Nope. He'll keep right on doing what he's doing, and nobody will know the difference until he's committed his violence (or gotten picked up by LE and found with the weapon).

Dumb, dumb, dumb. One would think at some point these destroyers would appreciate how pointless such things are.

And, yes, infringements beget more infringements. It's the nature of the unruly, unconstitutional beast inflicted by such people upon citizens. One thing's never enough. A citizenry capable of defending itself effectively is just too messy to tolerate, for many.
    Ghost1958 and blitzburgh like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If just one bill gets passed surely someone would try to see what else they could get passed.I guess they will never let up.

Yes, it opens the door. It is just one more step in the process. It will do nothing to slow down or prevent bad guys obtaining guns.
    ccw9mm, Sister, Ghost1958 and 1 others like this.

Yep one foot in the door. Universal Background Checks for Dummies | The Truth About Guns.

For me I like ppt . I live in a small town only one small gun shop , nice people but catch and catch can on guns and I get tired of driving 1-2 hours just to try to find something or pay fees. I like just handing a person cash and ID and taking the gun . I know in CA where all gun sales are through ffl often the fees are very big for ppt as the shops don't like to do them and give you grife for it .
    Ghost1958 likes this.

That said the UBC is not something that should ever be passed.Then they would be going for gun registration,if they didn't try to slip it in.

Just keep in mind the strategy is simple one step at a time. Nothing short of turning the USA in to the UK or AU

Go Seahawks!
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Oh great, if this passes, then with all the criminals in line waiting for background checks, it'll take months for the lines to go down.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Oh great, if this passes, then with all the criminals in line waiting for background checks, it'll take months for the lines to go down.
    Yeah. All the felons and 'bangers will be comin' out of the woodwork just to get their backgrounds checked on purchases, at places they'd never go to in the first place. And I'm sure there are many anti's who actually believe this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    What a group of stupid people??? So they think a criminal will go to a gun dealer to help them sell their gun to a friend? They live in Candyland with goobers for brains.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    What a group of stupid people??? So they think a criminal will go to a gun dealer to help them sell their gun to a friend? They live in Candyland with goobers for brains.
    Sister, I actually do think they have goobers for brains. Hard to believe that this is the state that is home to the USPSA.

Let me see if I can get this all straight.

It is still against the law to rob banks & people & stores & commit violent crimes: but criminals still rob banks & people & stores & commit violent crimes

It is still against the law to murder people just because you feel you have a reason too: but criminals still murder people just because they feel they have a reason too

It is still against the law to forcibly break into people’s homes & steal their things without permission or legal right too do so & without intending to return it: but criminals still forcibly break into people’s homes & steal their things without permission or legal right too do so & without intending to return it

It is still against the law to……..: but criminals still do it

Yet if this Initiative 594 passes it will simply “Plunk ah Magic Twanger EH Froggy” & all the criminals will all of a sudden start buying their firearms under the letter of this initiative?

OH but wait….they will not be able too because of their criminal backgrounds on recorded because….they will not be able to pass the background check because of their criminal backgrounds on recorded so now they will not be able to buy any more firearms & so now they will all just say: “OH WELL….I CAN NOT BUY ANY FIREARMS LEGALLY SO…NO MORE FIREARMS FOR ME”?

OR; will the criminals continue buying their firearms off the Black Market ILLEGALLY & just bypass the Initiative 594’s background checks?

“Additionally; the initiative would prohibit & make it unlawful for any government agency to confiscate guns or other firearms from citizens without due process” now that part I like but isn’t that already an effective Law on the Books already?

To take a quote from Obama, "I refuse to compromise". It's already been proven that if you give "them" an inch, they'll take a mile. There's already too many infringements as is and I can guarantee you that you'll never see me in support of another damn one.
    msgt/ret and ccw9mm like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Hopefully it will get shot down .No UBC

Links