Guns save lives day - dec. 14

This is a discussion on Guns save lives day - dec. 14 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ‘Guns Save Lives’ day planned on Sandy Hook anniversary Certain to create a firestorm, three activist gun rights organizations announced today that they will sponsor ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Guns save lives day - dec. 14

‘Guns Save Lives’ day planned on Sandy Hook anniversary

Certain to create a firestorm, three activist gun rights organizations announced today that they will sponsor a national “Guns Save Lives Day” on Saturday, Dec. 14, the first anniversary of the Newtown, Conn., tragedy when they anticipate anti-gunners will commemorate the event with a renewed push for additional gun restrictions.

?Guns Save Lives? day planned on Sandy Hook anniversary - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

I'm not a fan of anti-gun people using the anniversary to further their cause, and likewise I'm not a fan of pro 2A people using it to promote ours. It seems in poor taste even if I agree with the message.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The media is going to have a field day with this...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I'm not a fan of anti-gun people using the anniversary to further their cause, and likewise I'm not a fan of pro 2A people using it to promote ours. It seems in poor taste even if I agree with the message.
    I completely agree. There are three kinds of people where gun control is concerned: staunchly pro gun, staunchly anti gun, and undecided. Pushing the pro-gun message on the anniversary of a gun-related tragedy is asinine because it alienates the third group, which is exactly the group that is worth reaching (the other two have already made up their minds). The only people on Earth who could possibly think this is a good idea are *not* the intended target audience.
    Kilowatt3 and pgrass101 like this.

Please the other side spends too much time dancing on those little bodies. Can we not take a higher road?
    RicT, pgrass101, RmScadd and 4 others like this.

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I'm with you.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I agree with the others.I'm as pro 2a as anyone else,but that's not right.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

Using that day to promote gun ownership would confirm our status as the uncaring neanderthals that the antis and media claim we are.

We run a lot cleaner than the other side. Let's keep it that way.
    OldVet, Kilowatt3 and pgrass101 like this.

I agree. We are better than this.

Pro gun or not I don't believe in exploitation of dead children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Kilowatt3 and pgrass101 like this.
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

^^^ What everybody else said ^^^
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

MJK
    Like it or not we face a mostly adversarial media which will portray this event in a negative context. As many of you know I am as pro-2A as they come but it's crucial to pick our battles wisely - and this one will not advance our fundamental rights.

When your adversary is self-destructing it seems prudent not to interfere with their efforts.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Couldn't they pick a day to highlight when an event happened where someone used their gun to protect themselves? That keeps with their message, avoids offense and negative image and also brings pro-gun stories into the public eye.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Senior Moderator
    I agree this is in very poor taste and it will alienate the very people we want to bring to our side.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

While I can appreciate their stance and take their side on the issue of gun rights, I just can't bring myself to want to make a "day" out of a tragedy like that. The anti gun type can use that day do whatever they wish and I see no need to try and counter any anticipated outcry. We all know what happened that day and we all know why.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

SAF, CCRKBA issue challenge: ‘Don’t exploit Newtown anniversary’

By announcing last night that they were changing the date of their “Guns Save Lives Day” to coincide with Bill of Rights Day, gun rights groups issued a challenge to gun prohibitionist that they may not be able to accept: don’t exploit the Sandy Hook anniversary to further their extremist agenda.

SAF, CCRKBA issue challenge: ?Don?t exploit Newtown anniversary? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links