Bloomberg On Colorado Recall: We Didn't Lose.

This is a discussion on Bloomberg On Colorado Recall: We Didn't Lose. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As much as i hate to admit it,he is right.Two people were replaced,but the gun control laws are still in place. Maybe somehow the laws ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Bloomberg On Colorado Recall: We Didn't Lose.

Bloomberg On Colorado Recall: We Didn't Lose.

As much as i hate to admit it,he is right.Two people were replaced,but the gun control laws are still in place.

Maybe somehow the laws will be repealed some day.

Bloomberg on Colorado recall: "What do you mean we lost?"

2. Remove Ads

Yeah, but imagine how you would feel as a POLITICIAN hearing that b.s. Do you think THEY want to help bloomberg "win", while they end up thrown out of office?

I dont think so.
    Brad426, gregivq, Gav1230 and 5 others like this.

The "win", if there is one, is that politicians will think twice (or three or four times) before supporting "common sense gun control laws". So Bloomberg's "On to the next state" thingy might not be as easy as he thinks.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

2A won a battle the war goes on.
    oneshot likes this.

It seems obvious he doesn't care about the politicians.The damage has been done,but hopefully things will change.

We have not finished fighting.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Just wait Bloomberg, your days are numbered also. Hope you have already scheduled the moving van.

I hate to actually type this, but the fact is, that the day we REALLY have to worry, is when a bloomberg type figures out that he simply needs to put the politicians thrown out of office on his payroll, for considerably more money. Once he, or others like him, start doing that, it puts a safety net under the politicians who were thrown out of office, and we are in real trouble.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    In his mind Bloomberg did win.All he wanted was those senseless laws passed.While two dems are out the laws are still in place,sadly.Until those laws are reversed he got what he was really going after.

I know nothing about the process,but hopefully the laws will be repealed sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by Brent95 View Post
    As much as i hate to admit it,he is right.Two people were replaced,but the gun control laws are still in place.
    Shows what the true goal is. So long as people are criminalized, hounded and the non-threatening behaviors are stigmatized, the destroyers are happy. They know they're one step closer to dominion over the presumed serfs who hired them. Giron all but admitted as much.

Which should be a good lesson for us all: merely getting tossed out of that job isn't going to stop the destruction, by itself. More "teeth" are needed in the laws ... say, crimes against the Constitution and stiff prison/fines for destroyers who dare attempt to ignore that. I imagine if political hacks and court weenies who disregard but then get tossed into prison for 2yrs with $100K in fines would think twice about screwing with the People in such ways, then. But until then, particularly with as much money behind such destroyers as exists while Bloomberg's knickers are in a twist (along with others like him), we'll keep getting such smug behavior from such people.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The folks that removed the Colorado politicians did so in the proper manner following the constitution ,Bloomberg on the other hand used money and influence to get what he wanted ..........I think we have a clear winner.
    The easy way is always mined.

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    Step 1 in repealing a bad law is to throw those that created them out on their butts.
    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing." - Adolf Hitler

Pearl Harbor was a Japanese victory. The Doolittle Raid a portent. Hiroshima and Nagasaki the end result. May Bloomberg's schemes and infringements follow a similar path.
    BenGoodLuck and oldnfat like this.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    They Need to Recall the Governor next!!!.
    oldnfat likes this.

VIP Member
    The problem with Bloomberg is that he won't go away. Now that he's no longer mayor of New York, he's turned his sights on national politics. The fallout from the recalls will be felt for a long time, and politicians will thinks very long and hard before they join forces with Bloomberg or support unpopular legislation. His callousness is galling. Let's see what happens if any of the pending lawsuits in Colorado are successful and the laws are overturned.

I can't believe the guy is a Republican.

The last paragraph of the article says it all: "Bloomberg’s got billions. He can afford to do what he wants, regardless of the political fallout. However, other politicians aren’t so lucky. The question is: will other lawmakers be willing to be pawns or sacrificial lambs for Bloomberg’s agenda?"
    welder516 and Sig 210 like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links