This is only 3min 9sec.

This is a discussion on This is only 3min 9sec. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Something I saw on another forum....... Please watch all of it. I'll bet you did not know why the NRA was formed. See what some ...

Thread: This is only 3min 9sec.

This is only 3min 9sec.

Something I saw on another forum.......

Please watch all of it.
    I'll bet you did not know why the NRA was formed.
    See what some black people think about the NRA

Very good!

[SHORT VERSION] Black conservative leaders discuss how the NRA was created to protect freed slaves - YouTube
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good video but I don't know that I buy that a group formed before slavery was abolished was created to protect the freed slaves.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Good stuff, all these guys were spot on.

Definitely a welcome change to see people of color using common sense and rational thought and not just spewing the party talking points. So many of the black youth of today don't ever hear this from their "mainstream" role models (Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Sheila Jackson Lee, etc...)

The only small nit I would pick was that the first gentleman represented the Black Chamber of Commerce..... not sure why we need a Chamber of Commerce for black folks and one for the rest of us if we are truly a "color blind" society...

No problemo PD!! I saw this some time ago. I have many pics I've down loaded off the web. One of my favorites is of a black gal wearing Mr Greenjean type overalls and holding a Mosin Nagant rifle. The caption reads something to the effect of the Jim Crow laws that were made to keep blacks from defending themselves from the KKK.

My best friend and I have had many discussions over the 13 years we've known each other. Something he said a few months ago rings true for the American gun owner and Christian. Christians and non Christians both but mainly just plain Americans regardless of your skin color who own guns, we are the new blacks. We are the new Jews simply because we own guns.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Good video but I don't know that I buy that a group formed before slavery was abolished was created to protect the freed slaves.
    Read up a bit on the NRA and the forming of black NRA groups. This is a well know story about helping them protect themselves from the KKK.

Do a Google search on
    "the NRA and the forming of black NRA groups"

"While African Americans were being terrorized by the Ku Klux Klan, where the Klan were sometimes aided by local law enforcement, the NRA setup charters to help train local African American communities to be able protect themselves. The most prominent case being in 1960 in Monroe, N.C. where the local National Association for the Advancement of Colored People head Robert Williams also chartered an NRA Rifle Club that successfully defended an assault on one of their leader's homes by the KKK without casualties."
    10 Surprising Facts About the NRA That You Never Hear - PolicyMic
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    The NRA was formed in 1871 (National Rifle Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). From what I can tell, the NRA was formed to help people shoot better."Union Army records for the Civil War indicate that its troops fired about 1,000 rifle shots for each Confederate soldier hit, causing General Burnside to lament his recruits: "Out of ten soldiers who are perfect in drill and the manual of arms, only one knows the purpose of the sights on his gun or can hit the broad side of a barn." The generals attributed this to the use of volley tactics, devised for earlier, less accurate smoothbore muskets."
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

If you don't wanna get irritated do not read the rants of the anti gun crowd from FB. Those people are drowning in Obummers Kool-Aid.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links