Self Defense Immunity Laws

This is a discussion on Self Defense Immunity Laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was surfing thru the forum and read an old post from January of this year. A member was considering moving to either Washington State ...

Thread: Self Defense Immunity Laws

I was surfing thru the forum and read an old post from January of this year. A member was considering moving to either Washington State or Oregon and was asking advice about the two states. There were four pages of advice of areas to live, how to get a permit, what states honored these permits etc. I did not see mentioned the biggest reason why Washington trumps Oregon in their carry laws. Instead of replying to an old thread I decided to open a new one.

Only sixteen states have in their carry laws a requirement to be reimbursed for attorney fees and other legal expenses. Washington state is one of them. Oregon has nothing at all like this. This is huge difference between the two states. Law of Self Defense ? WA 9A.16.110. Defending against violent crime ? reimbursement.

Here is a short article with links to the 32 states that have some kind of immunity laws on their books if any are interested. Self-Defense Immunity Laws | Some States Protect More

While it is important which states honor each others permits I believe laws like this one in Washington should be in all the states for the obvious reasons.

On a lighter note, another difference not mentioned is that you have to pump your own gas in Washington.

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    New initiative petition needs signatures for 2014 Oregon Castle Doctrine | Common Sense for Oregon

Sponsored Links