Gun buy backs: One police chief gets it

This is a discussion on Gun buy backs: One police chief gets it within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Akron Ohio police chief knows that "buy backs" doesn't have the desired effect of getting crime guns off the street. Akron police chief: Background checks ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By jackson85746

Thread: Gun buy backs: One police chief gets it

Akron Ohio police chief knows that "buy backs" doesn't have the desired effect of getting crime guns off the street.

Akron police chief: Background checks won't work to stop criminals, and "gun buybacks are a farce" | Buckeye Firearms Association

He's not the only one. In fact, over the last year or so I've been quite proud of how many sheriffs have stood up for their people's rights and told it like it is.

This guy really nails it.

The gun "buy backs" are for one reason only....to make people believe "authorities are doing something to get those evil guns off the street so you will be safer."

It has about the same effect as pouring sugar sprinkles upon a lump of dog feces. The vain attempt to get guns off the streets by a method that has proven to be non-effective.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

So, I emailed the local big city police chief... or at least I tried. I had to guess at his email address... While Chief Nice's Office of the Akron PD is listed on the APD contact list.

I posted the link to the original story in the Akron News Now site... and suggested that our local chief might want to speak to Chief Nice, peer to peer... and gave him the contact information that the Akron PD provides to everyone...

Ours is thinking about a gun buyback program...

Perhaps seeing a city that admits it has a gun violence problem and KNOWS that gun buybacks are a farce... might give him "pause to think." Prolly not.
    niks likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Wow...never thought about the term buy back.

To buy something back, insinuates that you have once owned the commodity. How can a government agency buy back a gun that they didn't own in the first place?

Kinda brings more credibility to the term.......Gun Grab.
    niks likes this.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Thumbs down Booker offers $1000 to report anyone with a gun

Forget buy backs, just move to NJ and start snitching on all your family, friends, co-workers and neighbors. Check out this message from the newest member [asshat] in the US Senate.

I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I was not able to find any reports on how the Gun Stoppers program was working. I am willing to bet that there are not many takers of the $1K, and very few arrest, if any, since the program was started. Just another means for a left wing liberal to get free publicity.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Gun buy backs don't work? I'm totally shocked, shocked I say!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links