School Shooting

School Shooting

This is a discussion on School Shooting within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am a Dad of a 16 yr old daughter and a 10 yr old son, and it really hurts to see kid who are ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By TDH1961
  • 5 Post By BadgerJ
  • 2 Post By 88keys
  • 1 Post By welder516
  • 2 Post By Ransom

Thread: School Shooting

School Shooting

I am a Dad of a 16 yr old daughter and a 10 yr old son, and it really hurts to see kid who are shot at school. The last shooting in Nevada proves that it can happen anywhere except for the elite in this country who's kids are under guard while at school. A former Marine gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect two kids. If he had been armed the outcome would have been a lot different. No I am not talking about arming every teacher in the school but I do think there is someone in the school system that would be competent. I am so sick of seeing our kids murdered buy a evil person. We the people hold the power to make a difference. My wife has worked in the school system for 18 years and I worked for four yrs.They are told to run and hide if they hear gun fire. When the kids are in a class room there is no place to hide. I know several teachers who have their GFL ( Georgia Firearm License) and the training could be provided from the local police or Sheriff dept. Our govt. is so screwed up, but We the People can change it. But not by getting on a form a ranting about it. I don't hold the answers to how to get this done but there is someone out there and they need to stand up and we need to give him or her our support. The county I live in ran a fake shooting and it was a snafu from the beginning to the end. From several people who enter with fake guns to people making fake ID's and taking children who was not theirs. And adults with fake buss passes who was allowed to get on the school buss and ride the whole route. What do we do to keep our kids safe? I am seriously considering Home schooling.
    gatorbait51 and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Sorry for your angst. Much empathy to you.

But the question is whether the powers-that-be are AT ALL serious about protecting our kids? I don't think they are. Do you think Diane F. really wants there not to be another school shooting? HECK, every politician secretly LOVES this kind of stuff because it's a perfect way for them to get their mugs on TV spouting their nonsense. It gives them another chance to make demands for gun control, while they are secretly carrying a .357 (Feinstein) and having bodyguards. It puts them in control. They'd gladly lie and kill an entire school full of kids (not theirs) if it would guarantee their agenda got put in place. Sara Brady is on record (1994) having said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post

But the question is whether the powers-that-be are AT ALL serious about protecting our kids? I don't think they are. Do you think Diane F. really wants there not to be another school shooting? HECK, every politician secretly LOVES this kind of stuff because it's a perfect way for them to get their mugs on TV spouting their nonsense. It gives them another chance to make demands for gun control, while they are secretly carrying a .357 (Feinstein) and having bodyguards. It puts them in control. They'd gladly lie and kill an entire school full of kids (not theirs) if it would guarantee their agenda got put in place. Sara Brady is on record (1994) having said as much.
    If you are referring to the one that she supposedely said in the "National Educator, 1994, January, p3" please find a source that actually is reliable that confirms this or stop perpetuating it.

BTW: "online sources say" are not reputbale sources. I can not even find out if the National Educator ever even existed.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by TDH1961 View Post
    I am a Dad of a 16 yr old daughter and a 10 yr old son, and it really hurts to see kid who are shot at school. The last shooting in Nevada proves that it can happen anywhere except for the elite in this country who's kids are under guard while at school. A former Marine gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect two kids. If he had been armed the outcome would have been a lot different. No I am not talking about arming every teacher in the school but I do think there is someone in the school system that would be competent. I am so sick of seeing our kids murdered buy a evil person. We the people hold the power to make a difference. My wife has worked in the school system for 18 years and I worked for four yrs.They are told to run and hide if they hear gun fire. When the kids are in a class room there is no place to hide. I know several teachers who have their GFL ( Georgia Firearm License) and the training could be provided from the local police or Sheriff dept. Our govt. is so screwed up, but We the People can change it. But not by getting on a form a ranting about it. I don't hold the answers to how to get this done but there is someone out there and they need to stand up and we need to give him or her our support. The county I live in ran a fake shooting and it was a snafu from the beginning to the end. From several people who enter with fake guns to people making fake ID's and taking children who was not theirs. And adults with fake buss passes who was allowed to get on the school buss and ride the whole route. What do we do to keep our kids safe? I am seriously considering Home schooling.
    Stop considering it and JUST DO IT!!!
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I agree with you but if enough parents act there will have to be something done.

I worked at a public high school last year, and frankly the active shooter safety drill was an embarrassment. I even had students ask me how they were supposed to hide in a room filled with windows, and "get out if you can" wasn't part of the school plan, everyone was supposed to stay where they were. What an awful option depending on the room you were in. What could I possibly say to give them any sort of confidence? Our school did have one police officer on staff, but frankly that is not enough in a very large school. I chose not to return to that job this year.

Between the "every student passes" fad, not being able to say "no" or anything negative (yes I'm serious...that was part of the district's policy), and not arming at least some teachers, I'd likely home school if I had kids that age right now. I don't think all public schools are this bad, but they're getting there.
    TDH1961 and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post

so i agree that politicians do not have our best interest in mind and tend to exploit every tragedy / crises for political gain.

yes she is still protected by guards and spewing nonsense but last i checked Feinstein no longer has a CHL

can you cite this Sara Brady thing? id be interested to see it.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    The hole in the dike is too BIG to close up ..............Once they start putting these teenage gunman pictures on the news and new kid is being formed and shaped to be next next better killer . That way his name will be in the record book . This is my Opinion

And really some adults are on the fence as well and ready to commit these types of crimes as well.
    I do not know what the answer is but working with smart people we can help to a certain degree but you will never eliminate these types of crimes .
    Maybe treating mental health in a whole different way and reduce the stigma of it .
    TDH1961 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by TDH1961 View Post
    What do we do to keep our kids safe? I am seriously considering Home schooling.
    This is one of the reasons we choose to home school. We've already graduated three, two of which are successful members of productive society and one is still in college. We are currently home schooling our 13-yr-old eighth-grader. He's the star member of our home school gun club! And if we ever had a home school invasion, he's probably as capable as I am of defending himself.
    TDH1961 and NONAME762 like this.

Lead Moderator
    Moves thread from forum issues area.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

My Sister pulled her 2 kids out of the very same school she and I went to when we were kids. At the time this was around 25 years ago her reasons were her kids were acting up and (I'm guessing were copping attitudes constantly) she got to the point where one day she'd had ENOUGH.

She enrolled them both at I think the name is Seattle Christian School in the north end. Both went until they both graduated. The girl got married several years later to an upstanding fellow who I've gotten to know the last few years. I like him. He is of the younger generation and a musician. A Rock n Roller actual in a Christian band. He's good enuf that his band got to go to Hawaii awhile back expenses paid by the church. Pretty hot deal by my standards to be sure.

The boy is going into the medical field. Actually he's a young man and quite the strapping fellow. He makes the young women he knows swoon so quite naturally his uncle (that's me) makes me proud as a peacock. Just got off the phone w/my Sister and he's almost done with 4 years and will receive his BS soon. HUA He's going for his Doctorate next.

It get's better. Soon his dad will be giving my nephew a 30.06 he's been hunting with for a few years. I have some 30.06 ammo tho I've never actually owned an ought six. He may get some of that ammo one of these days.

If my Sister hadn't put her kids into a good Christian based private school there's no telling how those kids would have turned out. I never had any of my own kids but my friends who home schooled their kids ended up with *keepers*.

Finally...one last thing. I met a new guy last month who bought the place behind me. He's all moved in now and I went over for a visit last night. He loaned me 3 recent copies he'd already read of the American Free Press. Twenty years ago it was called The Spotlight. That's when I was reading it. So of course we **clicked just like peas and carrots right then and there**. It's been more than 10 years since I met a Patriot F2F so I'm really tickled pink. Well my suppers done cooking. Stew w/organic veges and 2 kinds of meat. I don't eat much meat but I'll be tying on a feed bag here shortly. HUA
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Links