Disgusting and outrageous!!

Disgusting and outrageous!!

This is a discussion on Disgusting and outrageous!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; MILLER: D.C. businessman faces two years in jail for unregistered ammunition, brass casing - Washington Times...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Disgusting and outrageous!!

Jeanlouise and onacoma like this.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Doesn't surprise me, but yes, that is terrible.

Semper Paratus et Armare
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

VIP Member
    So unbelieveable ,seems like a complete waste of time and energy to move forward with this . smh
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

And 10mi west (in VA), he'd actually be treated as a human being.

Gotta love anti-gunner zealotry.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    What a crock...
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Distinguished Member
    Have to ask yourself this question: If this is really going to happen why is there only one story about this incident? When searched on the web the same writing shows up on different sites, but it is the same story. While it might not be surprising that CNN hasn't covered this there are conservative news networks that should have paid attention to this "juicy" bit of journalism. There is nothing out there. It is interesting that the Washington Times is owned by the Unification Church and Sun Myung Moon. That alone makes anything the Washington Times publishes somewhat suspicious. There might be some truth behind the story, but it's not what it's being portrayed. Nothing is going to happen to this gentlemen and he is not facing two years in jail for an empty shell casing. This is just an example of over reacting to a trumped up story about gun control.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    Just refill the swamp after barring the exits.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Sun Myung Moon's son also owns Kahr Arms which seems to be a popular gun, I don't get the connection.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    Sun Myung Moon's son also owns Kahr Arms which seems to be a popular gun, I don't get the connection.
    There should be some level of questioning about the veracity of this whole story. Before I believe anything I check it out to the best of my ability. There are basically two stories about this incident. Both stories are written my Emily Miller who works for the Washington Times. If there were any real truth behind this story, it would have expanded beyond one media outlet and a few gun forums. I do find it interesting that the son owns a firearm company. When there are anti gun stories that hit the news, guess what happens? More ammunition is sold and more guns hit the market. If I were a betting man, which I am, I'd bet that daddy Moon has a piece of the Kahr pie. So there is a connection between who owns the WT and stories in it.
    NRA Member

Just because it's not all over the internet doesn't mean that it isn't true. The inverse holds true as well, of course, that just because it is on the internet doesn't make it true. However, the fact that a google search isn't turning up many results is not an indicator that the story is fake.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Just because it's not all over the internet doesn't mean that it isn't true. The inverse holds true as well, of course, that just because it is on the internet doesn't make it true. However, the fact that a google search isn't turning up many results is not an indicator that the story is fake.
    I never said the story wasn't true. What I'm saying is there appears to an attempt to make it bigger than it really is. The man isn't facing two years in jail because of an empty shell casing, that's just yellow rag headlines to get people to read the article.
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    I never said the story wasn't true. What I'm saying is there appears to an attempt to make it bigger than it really is. The man isn't facing two years in jail because of an empty shell casing, that's just yellow rag headlines to get people to read the article.
    The headline says "Unregistered ammunition, brass casing". Those are two of the items they found, and why he was arrested. I'm assuming that, like most situations, when the story says "facing two years in jail" they mean that that is the maximum penalty for the charges that he was brought up on. For instance, a murderer can face life in jail, but they may only be sentenced to 15 years. I believe this to be similar.

Does there appear to be a bit of spin? Of course. But I'm not sure why you're complaining about that. Most every news source these days spins their stories for max effect. And if there's any spin on this one, it's to show how ridiculous DC's laws are.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Best case for this guy: "Jury nullification."
    19Kvet, mprp and atctimmy like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    The headline says "Unregistered ammunition, brass casing". Those are two of the items they found, and why he was arrested. I'm assuming that, like most situations, when the story says "facing two years in jail" they mean that that is the maximum penalty for the charges that he was brought up on. For instance, a murderer can face life in jail, but they may only be sentenced to 15 years. I believe this to be similar.

Does there appear to be a bit of spin? Of course. But I'm not sure why you're complaining about that. Most every news source these days spins their stories for max effect. And if there's any spin on this one, it's to show how ridiculous DC's laws are.
    Most of those who read this tripe really believe this poor fellow is going to jail for two years. I am a skeptic about everything I read, hear and see. I believe nothing until I prove it to myself. I find it frightening that there are so many people just willing to blindly believe an absurd story.
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    Most of those who read this tripe really believe this poor fellow is going to jail for two years. I am a skeptic about everything I read, hear and see. I believe nothing until I prove it to myself. I find it frightening that there are so many people just willing to blindly believe an absurd story.
    The media relies on people believing what they print especially if it is an opinion piece. A very good example of media "(in)justice" is the Penn State football scandal of which I am very knowledgeable about. In a national poll 40% of the people polled believed that Joe Paterno was the pedophile !!
    Of course this is only mentioned simply to prove my case about media bias, and people now a days hearing only sound bites, and reading headlines while making assumptions and drawing conclusions. People that care about what they are reading will dig further into the subject.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links