Demolishing Guns and Common Sense

This is a discussion on Demolishing Guns and Common Sense within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Demolishing Guns and Common Sense - Reason.com "In the course of their duties, Chicago police come into possession of all sorts of contraband: jewelry, video ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Demolishing Guns and Common Sense

Demolishing Guns and Common Sense

Demolishing Guns and Common Sense - Reason.com

"In the course of their duties, Chicago police come into possession of all sorts of contraband: jewelry, video games, bicycles, cars. They sell the stuff through online auctions that are open to the public. They also confiscate some 10,000 firearms each year, with an estimated value of $2 million. They sell them and put the $2 million through a shredder."
    gatorbait51, rcsoftexas and 84160 like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    It's Chicago.

They haven't been doing anything other than peddling STUPID for the last 6 years...
    gatorbait51, wmhawth and oldman45 like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Only 6 years???
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    ONLY Ya right.

Senior Moderator
    Only 6 years?
    Use your imagination.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I suppose (hope) that the only positive is that classic Smiths and 1911s aren't being destroyed.

You'll find them in the Chief's safe at home.

I will never understand how an individual could willingly live in such a Godforsaken place. Once you get out of Chicago, America is a mighty big place. Odd thing: not only are we more pro-gun, we also have less problems than Chicago. Hmmmm........

Just a little brain teaser, should you wish to contemplate that enigma.
    84160 and oldman45 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Demolishing Guns and Common Sense - Reason.com "In the course of their duties, Chicago police come into possession of all sorts of contraband: jewelry, video games, bicycles, cars. They sell the stuff through online auctions that are open to the public. They also confiscate some 10,000 firearms each year, with an estimated value of $2 million. They sell them and put the $2 million through a shredder."
    Kind ah makes you wonder what they are doing with the drugs they happen to come into possession of too?

Could it all be clouding someone's judgment?

VIP Member
    It's a political position and statement, I call "feel-good shredding".

Hey, I've got an idea for them, if they are worried about the guns getting back on the Chicago streets? Send the guns to me, I'll give them to my friends. There ain't no way those guns will make it back to Chicago because I don't know any of my friends that would ever go there.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Years ago, I knew a cop who was in charge of the Cleve. P.D. property room. There were all kinds of firearms and blades, many antique and collectable. He was not a gun nut, but confessed how sad it was to have to destroy all of them instead of selling them to collectors and dealers.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Many areas have taken to selling their seized guns to licensed dealers for re-sell. It is quite profitable to the community. The city gets the money from the gun sales, the gun dealers get the profits from the gun sales, the area gets the revenue from the taxes on the sales of the guns by the dealers. It is a win-win-win deal. More towns should do it.
    niks and Xader like this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Chicago logic. Now there is a brain teaser.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I was raised in Chicago an after being drafted an seeing some of our great country there was no way I would go back. Coming from a urban crowded area to Washington State an seeing Idaho an Colorado, Montana you realized what a cesspool these cities are. As a MP I had been assigned as a armed guard on warhead deliveries all over the country. The nice thing was these silos are way out in remote locations for the most part. Just beautiful countryside, for a inner city kid it was a real eyeopener as to what this great land had to offer.
    ksholder, joker1, HotGuns and 3 others like this.

^---- you sir, you are correct. I must print this and post all around Chicago...the cesspool it is. Seriously, I couldn't agree more.

Chicago will eventually look back and propose to sell their illegal guns. It will be at a point where the taxes on gas, cigarettes, alcohol, and groceries will reach all time high. Businesses will close their doors but it will be all fine because the big celebrity will be back in town.

hahaha - Sure that $2Million goes through a shredder...
    They just forgot to mention that they collected 4 million to start with.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links