What we need......

This is a discussion on What we need...... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is some kind of easily accessible blog or youtube channel to formally educate the moderate people. It is amazing to see how many Americans do ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Linny
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By Ghost1958

Thread: What we need......

What we need......

Is some kind of easily accessible blog or youtube channel to formally educate the moderate people. It is amazing to see how many Americans do not even know what many of the gun laws are. Heck, even my own father who grew up in the 50's asked me very concerned if the shotgun and .22 he gave me that I grew up with were still registered in is name. I'm not talking about Defensive Carry exclusive. We really do need a group of guys/gals that can post informative youtube videos that actually educate the masses on what the firearm laws actually are. I believe between all the forums and groups they could pony up even a tv ad which is sadly how 90+% of Americans get their news. I don't know just a thought, what do you folks think?
    -Linny
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Laws vary greatly between states. What is legal in State A is not in State B. It would be tough to do as a general consensus.
    Sister and gatorbait51 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Laws vary greatly between states. What is legal in State A is not in State B. It would be tough to do as a general consensus.
    Yeah but OTOH it sounds like a worthy project for a young guy that grew up with the digital stuff like it sounds like the OP did. I'm in OldVet's and Linny's dad's camp. I grew up in the 50s-70s too. Dirt and foot long Tonka Trucks are more my speed.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

JMO but what we need is a way to make Americans of all persuasions see that if one constitutional right, the one btw that is the most strongly worded that it is to be left strickly alone by anyone, can be legislated into nothingness then any constitutional right can be. That those who would gut the 2A now will not be so happy when it is their ox that is being unconstitutionally gored.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

DC member DeadPatriot has produced a film on this basic problem (more or less) ... Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire Update .
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I know the TTAG had a long artical on the various gun control laws a while back .And yes I am amazed at the number of illegal crap I see . I have seen at least 2 aow 3 sbr/sbs and god know what else on back-page. If you want a laugh go on Armlist CA and look for 50cal gun or most any H&K guns ( bearing in mind most were banned by named and all 50cal shoulder fired guns are illegal ). So yes state by state laws are very tricky I learned that going to MO and there whole weird carry laws. Also look at the states where you can not have mags over 10 rounds even in some states it varies sometimes in IN you can have all you want unless you are in South bend and so on.

But I agree that someone need to work on a clear you can have this but not this by state law site nothing fancy but something that boils to down to what kinds of guns can you have where can you have them etc this would be great esp as the laws change fast and a lot of advice in book form is outdated .

Also added to this site should be the basic of our gun laws that is the 34/68/86/89 act these to me are the key ones to know . People to me often confused the 94 and 89 act . That and that mac and tec are now illegal guns etc etc .Also a lot of confusion on what assault rifles and clips are this still ticks me off . I keep saying so the dude have a full auto m-1 then

Links