Gun control efficacy in DC

This is a discussion on Gun control efficacy in DC within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From today's Washington Post: ShotSpotter detection system documents 39,000 shooting incidents in the District - The Washington Post Turns out the DC police have been ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By KRvW
  • 3 Post By GlassWolf
  • 1 Post By multistage

Thread: Gun control efficacy in DC

Gun control efficacy in DC

From today's Washington Post:

ShotSpotter detection system documents 39,000 shooting incidents in the District - The Washington Post

Turns out the DC police have been monitoring for gunshot sounds over at least the past 8 years. They've logged over 39,000 outdoor gunshots in that time. Interesting read, IMHO. That's over 13 gun shots per DAY over an 8 year period. EVERY day.

How can this be? They have the most stringent gun "control" in the USA, after all... OK, that was a bit snarky, but the article is still worth reading.

Cheers,

KRvW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    StormRhydr likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Has to be right wing gun nut propaganda. Everyone knows DC is the safest city in America, followed closely by Chicago.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    This was a fairly well done article. What gets me is that the Wash Post will run this and NOT make the connection that bad guys don't follow the law and gun control doesn't work.

Were they all dropped on their heads as children or what?

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Just goes to show.. gangbangers still don't know about supressors!
    sdprof, B_2keys and JTNiggle like this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Yeah, see how well gun control works? Why don't we all join the utopia and give up our firearms?

I love being sarcastic.

VIP Member
    If there is a 21 gun salute going on in Arlington, can it be heard in DC?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

No. Arlington is a place of honor.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Links