Guns & Ammo responds to the Dick Metcalf article

This is a discussion on Guns & Ammo responds to the Dick Metcalf article within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Guns & Ammo gave me an exclusive scoop on their response to the Dick Metcalf article. Read their response here: Guns & Ammo Official Response ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Guns & Ammo responds to the Dick Metcalf article

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar

Guns & Ammo responds to the Dick Metcalf article

Guns & Ammo gave me an exclusive scoop on their response to the Dick Metcalf article. Read their response here: Guns & Ammo Official Response to Metcalf Article | The Bang Switch
    SIXTO, WHEC724, brocktice and 8 others like this.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

2. Remove Ads

Guns and Ammo will never fail to vigorously lead in the struggle for our Second Amendment rights and with vigorous young editorial leadership, will do it even better in the future.
    The Brady Campaign is already prancing around hailing this article as a sign that they've been right all along. G&A has not only failed to defend our 2A rights, they have done so spectacularly. I wish them a swift bankruptcy.

I never saw the article. But having met Dick Metcalf more than once, I can say that there is a lot of his views on things that I didn't care for
    I'd be interestedin reading the article if anyone has a link.
    gatorbait51, Aceoky and Sister like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I never saw the article. But having met Dick Metcalf more than once, I can say that there is a lot of his views on things that I didn't care for
    I'd be interestedin reading the article if anyone has a link.
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-...ember-2013.pdf
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryArms View Post
    Guns & Ammo gave me an exclusive scoop on their response to the Dick Metcalf article. Read their response here: Guns & Ammo Official Response to Metcalf Article | The Bang Switch
    TheBangSwitch.com ... CloudFront.net ... Have never heard of those websites, and none seem to be affiliated with GunsAndammo.com. Haven't yet seen anything posted on the GunsAndammo website.

But, if true, then that letter is a pretty good mea culpa. Hopefully the editor's position is what actually has happened, that it's out with the old anti-gunner mentality and in with the new. May that attitude (of shoveling under the a-g attitudes) spread like a brush fire in the industry.
    gatorbait51 and Ghost1958 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Maybe Metcalf and Zumbo will collaborate on an article about alienating your readership, and torpedoing your career in so doing.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Maybe Metcalf and Zumbo will collaborate on an article about alienating your readership, and torpedoing your career in so doing.
    I hear there's a decent used car lot and paint shop up for sale in the outskirts of Ely, Nevada. Perhaps they can collaborate and "pull a Zumbo" out there. "We'll paint your refurb car for $99.95, no questions asked."

BTW, has anyone heard of what happened to good ol' Zumbo, after the fallout? Is he still driven from the ranks, plowing his own road?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Nice of the editor to through himself on his sword while walking out the door.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Nice of the editor to through himself on his sword while walking out the door.
    More appropriately, he tossed the offending anti-gunners on the sword and onto the ash heap of Zumbos out there who not only bit the hands that fed them but who prostituted the cause where it suited them. Good for the editor ... if true, as we're assuming.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    BTW, has anyone heard of what happened to good ol' Zumbo, after the fallout? Is he still driven from the ranks, plowing his own road?
    Uncle Ted took pity on him, and provided some appropriate "re-programming." Jim Zumbo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently he's once again gainfully employed.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Lead Moderator
    Zumbo and Recoil's firing of their editor should have let writers understand that the net is harsh to you if you disdain the 2nd amend and the rights of the people.
    ctr, ccw9mm and Aceoky like this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member

Metcalf canned by Guns and Ammo

i just got the following from Guns and Ammo:

Dear Reader,

Dynamic changes for “Guns & Ammo” have been in development for many preceding months, and were to first appear in the March issue. Given recent events, we will move forward and begin implementing these changes effective immediately.

Dick Metcalf has had a long and distinguished career as a gunwriter, but his association with Guns & Ammo has officially ended.

The February issue will mark the introduction of Eric R. Poole as the new editor of “Guns & Ammo” magazine. Eric has previously written features with “Guns & Ammo” on new products and has contributed to the “Modern Sporting Rifles” column every other month. He’s known for his passionate advocacy of Second Amendment rights, and continues to be a lifelong student of all things related to firearms. Most recently, you may recognize him for having been the editor-in-chief of special interest publications produced by “Guns & Ammo,” including “Book of the AR-15,” “SNIPER,” “Surplus Firearms,” “Book of the AK47,” “TRIGGER” and many others since 2009.

Eric Poole is himself a long-time reader of “Guns & Ammo” and brings with him a fresh vision for the magazine and digital products. In the coming months he will introduce new contributors carrying credible backgrounds, thoughtful content and a new style. He is a graduate of Virginia Military Institute, a Marine combat veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, a smallbore and highpower rifle competitor, gun collector, as well as a marksmanship instructor. During his formative years, he worked for four years at the NRA headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia. He views the opportunity to lead “Guns & Ammo” as the ultimate achievement in his shooting career, which began decades ago with his father, himself a retired police officer and gun enthusiast.

Every reader is extremely important to Guns & Ammo magazine and we value our relationship with you. I ask you personally to maintain your support of Guns & Ammo magazine and give Eric Poole the opportunity to continue the prominence that “Guns & Ammo” has had in promoting all types of firearms, firearm sports and – firearm rights – since it was first published in 1958.

Sincerely,
    Chris Agnes
    Publisher, Guns & Ammo
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I can appreciate someone standing tall and accepting personal responsibility for their errors in judgement. Perhaps G&A should send a copy of this to Obama and say, "See, this is how it's done."
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Good for them.

Distinguished Member
    There is a very strong open letter to the readers attached to this letter I copied above. I can't copy and pasted it, but it more strongly states Metcalf was canned for his comments and his failure to support the 2nd.
    RichB70 likes this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links