Media silence

Media silence

This is a discussion on Media silence within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How come we don`t hear of these Rallys on the National News??. Please read the comments. RECLAIM AMERICA NOW* AGENDA NOVEMBER 19TH | Constitutional Rights ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Media silence

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar

Media silence

How come we don`t hear of these Rallys on the National News??. Please read the comments. RECLAIM AMERICA NOW* AGENDA NOVEMBER 19TH | Constitutional Rights | US Constitution | Constitution
    gatorbait51 and msgt/ret like this.

My opinion is that even though there is suppose to be Freedom of speech, the press, media, etc. that the government and some rich people like Bloomie control what is printed or presented in the media. Again just my honest opinion. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    How come we don`t hear of these Rallys on the National News??. Please read the comments. RECLAIM AMERICA NOW* AGENDA NOVEMBER 19TH | Constitutional Rights | US Constitution | Constitution
    We don't hear of them generally, IMO, because they're a clear threat to the stranglehold the "powerful" have over the "powerless." And those holding those reins want to keep it that way. The media understand this, and the media is lambasted in the extreme when it forgets its due role in support of the control freaks who'd lash out at them if they didn't toe the line.

My cynical nugget for the month.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; November 8th, 2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: spelling & grammar (like that's a surprise)
    dangerranger and gatorbait51 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Freedom of speech doesn't mean that the media will follow whatever story you choose. Freedom of speech means that you are free to start your own media organization to report on whatever you choose without interference from the government. If you don't like what's being reported, pony up several hundreds of million dollars and start your own newspaper/channel.

Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    Freedom of speech doesn't mean that the media will follow whatever story you choose. Freedom of speech means that you are free to start your own media organization to report on whatever you choose without interference from the government. If you don't like what's being reported, pony up several hundreds of million dollars and start your own newspaper/channel.
    Yup. They can "report" whatever they choose about their activities. And they're welcome to whatever degree of play that gets, if they're able. That's freedom.

It's just that so many worthwhile things are often deliberately shoveled under the rug, in this current political environment where bucking the boot off the neck is attempted. Folks don't much want to hear about such rabble-rousing, and media outlets don't much want to report it. After all, it's not bleeding ... so it's not leading.
    gatorbait51 and Jeanlouise like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    We don't hear of them generally, IMO, because they're a clear threat to the stranglehold the "powerful" have over the "powerless." And those holding those reins want to keep it that way. The media understand this, and the media is lambasted in the extreme when it forgets it's due role in support of the control freaks who'd lash out at them if they didn't toe the line.

My cynical nugget for the month.
    Keep those Nuggets a comin' Bubba...you're Right On The Money...

I was at a new friends house recently. So we're talkin' and he say have you ever seen this paper? I read 4 or 5 headlines from front and back and tell him it looks like a paper I read 20 years ago called The Spotlight. Then he says this is that paper!! I got 3 recent copies to read at my leisure.

Two hours 19 minutes till LITBeaver.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Senior Moderator
    IF you want to hear about what's going on in America, monitor the foreign news sites. You'll get a better idea of what's going on.
    Eagleks, noway2, ksholder and 6 others like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    IF you want to hear about what's going on in America, monitor the foreign news sites. You'll get a better idea of what's going on.

If one wants to be well-read or engage in responsible citizenship, IMO that's a must. Hard to root out even the least of the snow jobs without at least some semblance of the other perspectives.
    msgt/ret and gatorbait51 like this.

I saw that very same lil ditty just an hour ago on Ram Rod's profile. I wish I still had that old tube SW receiver I scored at a GS like 20+years ago. It picked up stations half way across the planet that a transistor SW from Radio Rat I still have but it stinks for listening/tuning in stuff.

Yehaaaa 24 minutes till LITBeaver
    Last edited by NONAME762; November 8th, 2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: 0ops
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    I have a few in my favorite that I like to peruse they give you an entirely different perspective as to what our media reports. As far as our media, anything that disagrees with His Lordship or His cartel is racist and not worthy of reporting.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    MSM is nothing but the UN-official propaganda minister of the government.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing." - Adolf Hitler

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    That would be more freedom of the press than free speech.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    A couple of things. The WH gets protest groups all the time from across the political spectrum. And, personally, I get as much news on a few such sites as this as anywhere else as I don't own a TV.
    The fact is that the internet has arrived enabling the grass roots to become the media and the mass media to become more prolific offering feature bloggers. Maintain different perspectives. See the forest for the trees.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40SCiinNC View Post
    MSM is nothing but the UN-official propaganda minister of the government.

MSM is nothing but the UN-official propaganda minister of the DNC.
    msgt/ret and Eagleks like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links