Ted Cruz Talks Gun Control on The Tonight Show

This is a discussion on Ted Cruz Talks Gun Control on The Tonight Show within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; [Video] Ted Cruz Talks Gun Control on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno...

Like Tree25Likes
  • 5 Post By Manderinobyebye
  • 3 Post By flphotog
  • 2 Post By Stoveman
  • 4 Post By 357and40
  • 2 Post By rrmccabe
  • 2 Post By Dan060
  • 1 Post By CIBMike
  • 2 Post By Warrior1256
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By Pistology
  • 1 Post By Hopyard
  • 1 Post By Pistology

Thread: Ted Cruz Talks Gun Control on The Tonight Show

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar

Well Leno is and always has been an absolute idiot. Not surprised the Cruz more then held his own. I just hope somebody was listening.
    CIBMike, 357and40 and gatorbait51 like this.

Cruz is generally one of the better ones.

VIP Member
    To paraphrase Harry Reid - Bright, articulate and well spoken for a Hispanic guy....
    ANGLICO and gatorbait51 like this.

Leno should have "Craftsman" stamped across his forehead... What a tool!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Actually Leno is better than the other talk show host. Not saying much though.
    CIBMike and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    All Leno did was ask a couple of questions.That's the only way to find out is ask.Some that don't have guns may not know.That being said,i'm glad Cruz is pro2a.
    Warrior1256 and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    I am liking this guy more and more .....unspoiled by the status quo......just wish he could separate himself from it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The easy way is always mined.

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan060 View Post
    All Leno did was ask a couple of questions.That's the only way to find out is ask.Some that don't have guns may not know.That being said,i'm glad Cruz is pro2a.
    Yeah, I agree. No one can accuse me of being easy on those against the 2A but I don't think Leon was too obnoxious.
    gatorbait51 and ccw9mm like this.

VIP Member
    Interviews like this one go a long way to dispel the widely-held beliefs based upon the eternally-spun false story line. People like Leno aren't necessarily deliberately ignorant of gun-control issues, just woefully and willfully misled and misinformed by those pushing the agenda. I'm not a Ted Cruz fan, but he did a nice job on this one.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Who's to identify the "complete psychopath" to enter the name in the NICS to take away their Constitutional right by preventing their buying "a dozen guns" at a gun show? The American Psychiatric Association says they don't have confidence in their ability to do it: "96% of people with serious mental illnesses never act violently."
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Who's to identify the "complete psychopath" to enter the name in the NICS to take away their Constitutional right by preventing their buying "a dozen guns" at a gun show? The American Psychiatric Association says they don't have confidence in their ability to do it: "96% of people with serious mental illnesses never act violently."
    Presently, and in the realistically foreseeable future, the only folks who are going to end up in NICS are those who have
    either harmed or threatened harm to themselves or others, and been placed on a mental hold. No one expects psychiatrists to be clairvoyant or to be mind readers.

We do nonetheless have a serious problem that needs a solution, and which becomes evident when we look at each and every one of the mass shooters with hindsight--- in 20/20 hindsight their mental illness is manifest well before they harm.

This was true for the Columbine dudes, Cho, Hassan, Loughner, Holmes, that kid in Newtown-- can't remember his name,
    and several others including the idiot who killed a few people trying to target TSA workers, the guy who did the Washington Navy Yard Massacre; I know I'm leaving many out.

We can't just throw up our hands because the task here is difficult. We have to find a way.
    bklynboy likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Presently, and in the realistically foreseeable future, the only folks who are going to end up in NICS are those who have
    either harmed or threatened harm to themselves or others, and been placed on a mental hold. No one expects psychiatrists to be clairvoyant or to be mind readers.

We do nonetheless have a serious problem that needs a solution, and which becomes evident when we look at each and every one of the mass shooters with hindsight--- in 20/20 hindsight their mental illness is manifest well before they harm.

This was true for the Columbine dudes, Cho, Hassan, Loughner, Holmes, that kid in Newtown-- can't remember his name,
    and several others including the idiot who killed a few people trying to target TSA workers, the guy who did the Washington Navy Yard Massacre; I know I'm leaving many out.

We can't just throw up our hands because the task here is difficult. We have to find a way.
    The founders already found a way, 2A, of which, Justice Alito says that "self defense is the central component".
    Bad things happen in this world. Government cannot regulate bad things away. As a student of history, you should know that the more government law and regulation imposes on free citizens, the worse things are. Right and goodness don't flow from elected servants. That's the wrong way.
    The founders have it right. We limit government and put family and good values first and stand vigilant against our enemies. And damn any force that would try to interpose. "Shall not be infringed".
    ccw9mm likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Links