Seattle 'gun violence summit' and you weren't invited

This is a discussion on Seattle 'gun violence summit' and you weren't invited within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Attention Seattle area members: Gun safety: a ‘Seattle summit’ today, a Florida class Saturday Florida Congressman Ted Yoho was taking flak yesterday for his upcoming ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Seattle 'gun violence summit' and you weren't invited

Seattle 'gun violence summit' and you weren't invited

Attention Seattle area members:

Gun safety: a ‘Seattle summit’ today, a Florida class Saturday

Florida Congressman Ted Yoho was taking flak yesterday for his upcoming Saturday gun safety event, in his district, that promotes genuine firearm safety while today in Seattle, there is a “Gun Violence Prevention Strategy Summit” that will likely be portrayed as a “gun safety” event when it is really all about gun control.

Gun safety: a ?Seattle summit? today, a Florida class Saturday - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    He is already being accused of callousness because this Saturday marks the first anniversary of the Sandy Hook tragedy, which is being exploited by gun prohibition groups for whom “safety” is spelled “b-a-n.”
    Progressive new speak at it's finest. Gun control equals "common sense gun safety legislation" and responsible gun owner means "one who keeps their gun stored, unloaded, at a government operated target range".

For those who are brave, take a look at this diatribe. Warning, contains course language directed at pro 2A rights believers. Make sure your sitting down and your last meal is well digested least you puke it up.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Well well this guy does not know me and he has no idea how many that were close to my have been taken from me. I am stating right now that several were shot and it was not the gun it was the person that used it. I have lost friends and a family member to a drunk driver again it was not the car or the bottle that did the killing was done by a person. Now this person that has such a great command of the English language is telling me what I know. Let me say that I know that this person should not even be allowed to have a plastic knife. I was not shocked by verbalpaintball it just makes me aware that they are out there and breeding now that is truly scary.

VIP Member
    Seattle is considered even more Communist.. sorry, Progressive than even San Francisco. I'm not surprised by the caring ,nuanced and tolerant tone of our Leftist betters. They care deeply, dontcha know? After all, when the revolution comes , we'll all cheer them and their genius..
    shadowwalker likes this.

"We" are doing something wrong. Im not sure what it is, but I know that the way this is playing out, that eventually we lose.

We are losing too many people that we dont speak to. Lots of those starbucks sippin *ricks can be turned around to our sides, but we are essentially "at war" with them.

They think we are a mixture of backwards rednecks, or some gun fetish people who drool while stroking their AR 15s. We of course dont think to highly of them, either.

BUT, fun is fun. Lots of those Latte sippers love paintball, or airsoft, or shootem up video games. Or even laser tag. If we could find a way to get them to shooting ranges, I bet a large % of them would be hooked, and we would have some serious numbers build up on our side.

Lets all be honest, probably none of us got "into guns" because we wanted to support the 2nd Amend. We enjoy shooting, hunting, and the right to protect & defend ourselves and our families. So while the Constitutional Argument certainly needs to be made, getting "our numbers up", probably depends on us being viewed favorably, and what we do being seen as being "Cool & Fun".

Feel free to jump in and say what you think.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    What I don't understand is why they don't have a "violence summit"? Do they not care about the around 8,000 people killed yearly by something other than a firearm?
    StormRhydr and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    What I don't understand is why they don't have a "violence summit"? Do they not care about the around 8,000 people killed yearly by something other than a firearm?
    Because thats not what Bloomberg & Co are paying for?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Progressive new speak at it's finest. Gun control equals "common sense gun safety legislation" and responsible gun owner means "one who keeps their gun stored, unloaded, at a government operated target range".

For those who are brave, take a look at this diatribe. Warning, contains course language directed at pro 2A rights believers. Make sure your sitting down and your last meal is well digested least you puke it up.
    God bless the tolerant left.
    gatorbait51 and CIBMike like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Gee they are meeting in secret and it turns out their goal is infringement. Why am I not surprised?
    gatorbait51, RicT, OD* and 1 others like this.

The liberals way to stop school rapes.....

prevent rape mask Hillary & Nancy.jpg
    Cambot1, OD*, gregivq and 3 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Because thats not what Bloomberg & Co are paying for?
    Bingeaux!
    StormRhydr likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Well, I am shocked , I tell you, shocked that they are not addressing this ..
    Ghost1958, CIBMike, tdave and 2 others like this.

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Why should I, personally, be upset about what this loud mouth punk thinks about me? He is just another anti like those that we constantly have to fight against but I couldn't care less what he thinks about me. He's nobody.
    Ghost1958 and NONAME762 like this.

VIP Member
    I recently attended a similar event, hosted by the League of Women Voters. It was a lecture, with not a true 2A advocate to be seen anywhere on the panel of "experts".
    Warrior1256 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Gun control and hatred of liberty by any other name is still exactly that.

The gun-grabbers are gunnin' for ya. Don't ever doubt it for a second.

Thank you, Dave, for the write-up.
    OD*, StormRhydr and Warrior1256 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links