PTR gets warm welcome in SC

This is a discussion on PTR gets warm welcome in SC within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Locked & loaded: Gun maker finds warmer surroundings in South Carolina after leaving Connecticut | Fox News I love this part The political welcoming has ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By Brent95
  • 1 Post By medmunds21
  • 1 Post By GFRanger
  • 1 Post By Kasey88
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 2 Post By Kasey88
  • 1 Post By Dan060
  • 1 Post By ctr
  • 2 Post By seanth468

Thread: PTR gets warm welcome in SC

Locked & loaded: Gun maker finds warmer surroundings in South Carolina after leaving Connecticut | Fox News

I love this part
    The political welcoming has been very good,” said Grabowski, adding that Hailey and Rep. Tom Rice supported the June announcement for the move. “It’s been a very exciting and welcoming atmosphere for PTR. My perception is that Connecticut wasn’t very welcoming to PTR Industries in general and legislated them out of business and out of the state, whereas the political climate in South Carolina is very different.”

It's a decent size building in the community of Cool Springs.I think that's where Beretta is opening.Not sure when but it's just an expansion.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

It's outrageous to compare Connecticut to the south. NE was never gun friendly in the first place.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

It is nice when responsible gun manufactures stand up and defend SA Rights -- theirs, yours and mine. Magpul is doing the same thing by moving out of Colorado. Jobs and Taxes will be missed but not in the pro-gun states where they move to.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I remember a little while back, they were trying to get Stag arms(i think it was) when they were talking about possibly moving to S.C. or Texas..They must have picked Texas or decided not to move..I would imagine there is a lot involved moving companies..

At least PTR did offer to relocate their employees.It's a shame some lost their jobs with any that moves.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I think more companies, and not just gun companies, are going to move to areas that are more business friendly in the coming years. The states that aren't business friendly are going to find themselves in a pickle as taxes they relied on from business go away and they have to tax the citizens more.

It's going to be interesting to watch Liberal states curl up and die when the money runs out.
    halem1 and gatorbait51 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Came across this article..It has a short video some might wanna see about the opening.

PTR Industries opens for business Monday - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |
    Dan060 and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Hope they do well with the business..S.C. is progun and i don't know of anyone trying to ban anything..I keep waiting for someone to try and come up with something stupid to pass..Seems there is always at least one in almost every state,trying to come up with some senseless gun law to pass.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I think many businesses, not just gun manufacturers will move to more business friendly states. When the taxes, regulations, and government foolishness become noticeable on the balance sheet and even threaten the viability of a company, well, it's happening in many areas already.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Is this what was meant by "The South will rise again"? It sure is starting to look that way!!
    gatorbait51 and ctr like this.

Links