Bloomberg Being Asked To Give Up Gun Control

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Being Asked To Give Up Gun Control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; At Democrats’ Request, Even Mike Bloomberg Is Giving up on Gun Control by Noah Rothman | 2:29 pm, January 7th, 2014 At Democrats? Request, Even ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Bloomberg Being Asked To Give Up Gun Control

Bloomberg Being Asked To Give Up Gun Control

At Democrats’ Request, Even Mike Bloomberg Is Giving up on Gun Control
    by Noah Rothman | 2:29 pm, January 7th, 2014

At Democrats? Request, Even Mike Bloomberg Is Giving up on Gun Control | Mediaite

Apparently Bloomberg is too stupid to realize this just means they were using him and his money for political posturing and it was never about that particular agenda item. A high dollar pawn in their chess game of manipulation.
    Aceoky, 357and40 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Don't you believe it.

Though, I can see why anyone dumping cash into a black hole would at some point begin to recognize the hole. If he's investing in dems and they're failing to return anything on the investment but embarrassment and poor performance, I would presume he'd rethink the strategy of putting the cash in those places. I don't for a second believe, however, that means he's changed his spots or will stop attempting to erase citizen carry from the map.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Hmmm. On the surface, it makes sense-while simultaneously proving the Dems care only about controlling the Senate, will little regard for their supposed beliefs.

But something still smells kinda fishy. I'm not counting Bloomy out

To me it simply demonstrates that the Dems were using him to push and fund their specific agenda item but once it looks like it may hurt them politically they dump him like an ugly date.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Living in Colorado we've seen him give money to promote his anti-gun views and to try to influence votes -- can't believe he'll stop now.

This reminded me of the governor of Co..After the recalls i had read where the governor told Bloomy to stay out of it. I would trust a 2 headed rattlesnake before i would Bloomy.

He didn't get $28B in a pile by being a dummy. So long as he believes eviscerating the 2A is in his interests, I'm sure he'll find another way besides tossing good cash after bad (funding dems simply because they're dems and anti-2A). Imagine what a handful of anti-gunner organizations could do with $4-5B in cold, hard cash. And with the lunacy of the Citizens United crap still hanging over us, we'll likely never see it coming if he chooses to remain in the dark shadows, or we'll simply revel in the audacity and impact if he doesn't.

At best, he'll sink beneath the fetid surface of the gun control swamp and wait until after the elections.
    AZ_GMC, tdave, Aceoky and 1 others like this.

I would be really surprised to find that Bloomey Biden Obama Fienstein, and others of their ilk, are not behind the scene making money hand over fist from the run on guns and ammo thru the stock market.

I dont and never have invested in stocks and know little about how one would check or even if one could. But I would bet if one could find out they would be very surprised to find the anti gun politicos invested in guns or ammo in some way.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Unisaw View Post
    At best, he'll sink beneath the fetid surface of the gun control swamp and wait until after the elections.
    Just in the past couple of weeks, Sen. Manchin has indicated he's in it for the long haul and that he believes 2014 will be a year in which gun control legislation can be foisted upon the people. I'd be willing to bet that Manchin's bank account will swell a bit, perhaps from Bloomers. And then there's Giffords, who's now got both hands working for citizen disarmament. There are all sorts of places Bloomy and his sort can funnel their cash, so long as creating victims from armed citizens remains their goal. Choices, choices.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I am sure that this move has more strategy than change of heart behind it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

It's just politics. The Dems are beginning to worry about the midterm elections this year and will try to act more moderate in order to broaden their appeal. Yes, they will fool some people, but hopefully not enough to matter. After the November elections their true colors will once again come out, and the Ol' Bloomy may be called on again to open his wallet and support their true agenda again.

VIP Member
    He needs to move on to England since he has a house there now ....
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Senior Moderator
    Even the Democrats aren't idiots in spite of the way they act.

Bloomberg and his anti-gun stance is a liability to them right now. Those gun control platforms that they constantly push are invoking the ire of otherwise asleep Americans and that is something that they can not afford to do.

He will only "disappear" as long as it takes to benefit the party. Once they think that no one is noticing, He'll pop right up and continue his crap.

You can stick that in a bank.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    YES, Then Bloomy can drink 24oz. sodas over there also.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links